Duck hunting question

IA fog

Ok guys just asking me and a few friends have a place leased to duck hunt. Great area to plant corn and millet and flood it. We want to know if we could plant some sunflowers Andy hunt doves before duck season. We are scared of getting fined for baiting
So any thoughts or ideas

I wouldn't see why you couldn't..here in Wisconsin close to me there is public land that gets planted with sunflowers and guys go bang the crap out of doves there.

In Indiana you can plant and flood crops so long as you do not manipulate them for duck hunting. Meaning you don't knock corn or stuff down, just flood it. The sun flowers would most likely be gone, eaten by dove and finchs before opening of duck season. As others have said check your DNR and see what the laws are in your State.

Yes you can flood standing crops in iowa to hunt over. You cannot mow but you can harvest some for a shooting hole. If you don't harvest, as in mow, you are leaving ears in the field that is considered baiting. We have 20 acres we do this with every year.

Back