CS24C Question

MAArcher

When you turn on your CS24C, does the light in the back stay on? I have a new one I just received and when I turn it on the light flashes, goes solid for a second and then goes out. I can't get the call to work and I'm wondering if that's the issue. The remote seems to work fine. But I can't get any sound out of the caller. Brand new batteries. I tried changing the battery selector to LION (I'm using Energizer lithium) and both the remote and caller are on channel 6 and auto volume is off. Any ideas?

Heard right back from FoxPro, issue is that it doesn't work with the Energizer lithium's. Switched it out for Duracells and it seems to work fine now.

They are referring to the base unit (not remote) and "AA" Li-Ion batteries (Not FoxPro Welded Battery Packs).

REASON: Lithium "AA" batteries are NOT recommended for use on the CS24C. Most currently available Lithium AA size batteries have a high individual cell voltage in the range of 1.7 - 2.0 volts. The CS24C is designed with speaker protection circuitry to eliminate the likelihood of damage to the speaker due to over voltage. The unit will not turn "ON" if it detects a voltage higher than 17 volts. Because some of the current standard cell Lithium AA batteries start higher than 1.7V (10 cells x 1.7V = 17 volts) this will trip the protective circuit and prevent the unit from operating.

Hope that helps,

You can get a welded lithium pack from FoxPro to use but its $90. It looks like it just uses 8 instead of 10 cells. I'd be curious to see if a smaller lithium pack lasts longer than a larger NiMH pack in cold weather.

After using the expensive lithium AA's for years, I just got a welded pack for my shockwave and I can't believe I didn't get one sooner. They are awesome.

Back