6.5 creedmoor lapua brass

son of a gun. But $125! My Hornady brass is very adequate so far. Fixing to start the third loading.

Last edited:
If I were still shooting "Money" matches....The price of the Lapua might be justified, but for recreational or hunting purposes, my Hornady will do me just fine....

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleIf I were still shooting "Money" matches....The price of the Lapua might be justified, but for recreational or hunting purposes, my Hornady will do me just fine....
.. +1 ..

8E13E0AF-6019-478E-8FF7-B5FAFFC1994F.jpg

Got my hands on some of it the other day from grafs. Going to neck it down and give it a try in my 6 creedmoor. Anyone had a chance to try it out yet?

Love my Hornady, no down side.

Grass is always greener....

If you get froggy, New LC is 10% stronger than Lapua....just say'en...........

Well wouldn't u know it. Found enough of a beginning neck crack in a Hornady 6.8 SPC case. And I was so proud that I still had a nice 100 pieces when firing them out of an ar.

If anything it will be interesting to make the comparison between the smaller primer pocket and flash hole from the Norma and Nosler brass I've been using. Lapua claims more consistent ignition which in turn produces better accuracy.

I have three lots of Hornady brass and the case to case variance in weight is ridiculous for the price. Also after 5-6 firings I am tossing usually 3-5 cases per 50 due to loose primer pockets. I bought my first lot of Lapua brass in my life because of it. Received them today and am hoping to have better luck... weighed about 20 of the new cases a few minutes ago and they are about 10gr heavier than hornady. So I'll be tweaking my loads.. but they only vary .1 to .2 gr. Vs 5 gr seems like a good enough justification to me for what I do with them...

Back