Best 22-250 out of the box

SymmRanch

Looking for a new 22-250 rifle and was curious to get some opinions on the best one out there right now. Looking to keep it under $1,000. Already have some nice glass to put on the rifle.

Thanks in advance.

TC Venture camo works for me but its at the lower end cost-wise.
It'll need a little trigger tlc, but mine shoots bug holes.

Bob,

what kind of work did you do to the trigger? Replace it with a different trigger all together or just adjustment on the pull?

T/C Venture for me as well, Its always the first one in my safe I grab. She loves Benchmark and 50gr Vmax's. As for the trigger,I found the one on mine great right out of the box

not 22-250, but in 204. my venture is the most accurate factory rifle i have ever owned. my tikka 204 is a more refined rifle and is right behind it in accuracy. with no hesitation i would buy either one again if i needed another.

a simple spring change and then adjust can make a venture trigger really, really nice.

I just got a Savage Model 11 pred in 22-250 and I love it. It shoots awesome. Broke her in last friday on a coyote. Lights out with Hornady Superformance 50 gr

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnot....a simple spring change and then adjust can make a venture trigger really, really nice...
+1
ps: adjusting out the creep/take-up may be enough, try it first.

I had a savage model 12 VLP 1/9 twist that shot extremely accurate and the trigger broke at 2 1/2 lbs I traded it because it was heavy I use just about all my guns to hunt with and was not using it with scope it weighed 12 lbs and with lights it was around 14 lbs

Tikka, I have purchased 7 so far. Just purchased a .22-250 Superlight and sighted it in. With 15 shot down the tube I started killing coyotes. 16 down this week from 123 yds to 355 yds.
A very nice, truly out of the box shooter.

Tikka. I had a T3 lite and currently have a T3 varmint in 22-250. 50gn Hornady Superformance was sub MOA in both guns and my loads with 50gn Vmax under Varget are even better.

The most accurate out of the box 22/250 I've ever seen is my buddy's Tikka Varmint.
Ugly as Nancy Pelosi but it's a shooter.

I get 1" groups at 280 yards, where I drop coyotes at the bait pile, with my Tikka T3 varmint 22-250. 52 grain Sierra HP pushed with Varget. It ain't pretty, and she's heavy, but I never take her out on dates.

How can you say Tikka's are ugly? I'll take a Tikka over a Savage any day.

20161031_104956_zps2cqxenii.jpg

Back