Magpul Rifle Stocks

pyscodog

Any of you using them for the 700 Remington? How do you like them? Any reviews or opinions? Not a bad price for a stock if they were any good. They were talked about when they first came out but it seems you don't hear a lot about them any more.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Kinda fugly, but they seem like a good option. I am considering one for a "budget build" soon. Sorry, no practical experience.

That's where I'm at pahntr760. Kinda fugly for sure but yet kinda not??? I had about the same stock on an 870 shotgun but I can't say I as goo-goo over it. It did make the 870 pretty tacticool!!

I had one on a 700 Rem. You can't clean the barrel from the rear without taking it out of the stock or taking the comb off. I got rid of it before I even shot it for that reason.
MB

Last edited:
Love mine ! Shoots great, feels great, looks great. Also just put the magwell on. Haven't shot it with the magwell yet but it cycles fine with the MDT mags.

A friend of mine has one of the Magpul's on his R700/243 calling rifle. I haven't shot it, but have handled it some. It feels pretty decent to me. Fairly light, handles good. I think it feeds good too, and his rifle seems to shoot well in it. He likes it. Mostly I am just going off of what he says about it though.

I have thought very serious about getting the .22 version of the Magpul for one of my 10/22's

If you aren't so crazy about the Magpul, but want a cheap but very solid stock, I have one of the Stocky's LR stocks. It is kind of heavy. But I really like the way it feels and shoots. When I bought mine they were $199, not sure what they are now. Then I did my own cerakote on it. Heavier than the Magpul, but it is a very solid platform. This is what it looks like. Might be another option for you.

Last edited:
I grabbed the magpul stock on sale last year and really like it. Feeds 22-250 perfectly from my long srated 80gr bergers to 40gr vmax. It's really comfortable to shoot and feels good.
I plan on gettin one for my long action r700 after I find a new barrel.

GF shooting it at 400 yards.

Originally Posted By: JTPinTX If you aren't so crazy about the Magpul, but want a cheap but very solid stock, I have one of the Stocky's LR stocks. It is kind of heavy. But I really like the way it feels and shoots. When I bought mine they were $199, not sure what they are now. Then I did my own cerakote on it. Heavier than the Magpul, but it is a very solid platform. This is what it looks like. Might be another option for you.

The stocky's are at $179 for the plain colors and $199-210 for the dipped versions. I have an order in (backordered) for one in Kryptek Highander.

To me the main drawback on the Stocky's LR is the weight. If it was half a pound or a pound lighter, I would like it even more. Simple, no frills, just a good solid stock with a great feel to it.

Originally Posted By: JTPinTXTo me the main drawback on the Stocky's LR is the weight. If it was half a pound or a pound lighter, I would like it even more. Simple, no frills, just a good solid stock with a great feel to it.

The build I am working on now, that weight is a not a downside to me...actually, more weight is better for this one.

Back