Aggressive Gray

DoubleUp

We had a lot of fun with this little guy last night. We were calling just before the front came through and the wind was pretty fierce. Coyotes were not responding so I went to a sound that is pretty piercing even in high winds.

Immediately this gray charges out of the woods about 50 yds. from me, runs out toward the call and then darts back into the woods not 25 feet from me. Apparently he runs down the woods line and reappears about 200 yds. away where the video picks up. As you can see he comes charging down the field all pumped up for a fight. Actually this went on for about 15 minutes. Every time he would appear to lose interest and jump back into the woods, I would change to another fox sound and here he would come again.

For the sake of brevity I limited the video to a couple of episodes, but he was a lot fun to watch. We don't shoot foxes, but we do like to watch them and sometimes coyotes can't resist the sound either, but not last night.

Sorry the video is not real sharp, but it was humid and beginning to mist rain which always hampers thermal somewhat. Still it was easy to tell that it was a gray fox and the deer were readily identifiable at about 200 yds.

Last edited:
Back