White Oak 22Nosler barrels coming soon

BCD 45

Just ordered my WOA 22Nosler barrel today, 22" fluted varmint profile, with 1-8 twist. Seems like WOA is going all out with a bunch of different barrel lengths & either 1-8 or 1-12 twist. I like shooting the smaller grain bullets and probably should have went with the 1-12 but I didn't. Expected delivery first part of March. It should be a great barrel if they are anything like my WOA 223's.
Jim D

I bet the 1-12 will handle up to 60 grain bullets if they're not the real long tipped bullets. Something like the 60 gr. Sierra HP Varmint should do nicely. I can't help but wonder what kind of velocity I could have gotten with the 22" barrel in 1-12 twist with my favorite varmint bullet, the 40 gr. Berger Varmint. I bet it would scream! Have a great safe day,
Jim DOriginally Posted By: varminter .223Hmmmmm, I wonder how much bullet the 12 twist will stabilize? 55's?

I never did care a lot for the cheap Stoner barrels although they are a good value for the money. Just don't like to get into a fight with a rifle trying to find a load that will maybe shoot a 1 moa or worse. Unacceptable for me. However, what powder & bullet combo's are you guys finding for #1-accuracy & #2-velocity in your Stoner barrels? I'm just trying to get a jump start for information so I'll have a start point when my WOA barrel gets here. Thanks,
Jim D

Originally Posted By: Texas SwiftyI never did care a lot for the cheap Stoner barrels although they are a good value for the money. Just don't like to get into a fight with a rifle trying to find a load that will maybe shoot a 1 moa or worse. Unacceptable for me. However, what powder & bullet combo's are you guys finding for #1-accuracy & #2-velocity in your Stoner barrels? I'm just trying to get a jump start for information so I'll have a start point when my WOA barrel gets here. Thanks,
Jim D
I was gonna ask how far out WOA is on the barrels but now I see you said the first part of March and I can't delete this post.

Last edited:
Well Hippie, I was on the same boat until I saw WOA making them. WOA is cutting there own chambers & knowing how John does things I expect you be able to load up to the lands or whatever & I'll bet they're shooters. I've got 3 WOA .223 barrels, 18-20-22", & 1 204 Ruger 24". They are all bugholers with good hand loads.
....................................................................................................
Varminter .223, White Oak told me that I would probably only lose 35-45 fps getting the 22" vs. the 24" and maybe a little better accuracy with the 22" on an AR platform. What's your thought on that?
Jim D

Originally Posted By: Texas SwiftyWell Hippie, I was on the same boat until I saw WOA making them. WOA is cutting there own chambers & knowing how John does things I expect you be able to load up to the lands or whatever & I'll bet they're shooters. I've got 3 WOA .223 barrels, 18-20-22", & 1 204 Ruger 24". They are all bugholers with good hand loads.
....................................................................................................
Varminter .223, White Oak told me that I would probably only lose 35-45 fps getting the 22" vs. the 24" and maybe a little better accuracy with the 22" on an AR platform. What's your thought on that?
Jim D
If that is true, I will be having me a 22" barrel!

Well you should be able to get a lot more speed from the same pressure levels. But I load mine hot anyway.

Back