Believer in [beeep]

whitetail436

Got my [beeep] howlers last week. Practiced for a week annoying the family and the dog. Took the call out for a test drive last night.

First stand of the night had a response in the woods on the opposite side of the big field I was hunting. Moved across the field and bowled a few more times. Five minutes later I had two yotes in the thermal.

I kept quiet letting them slowly work their way in. Very slight breeze and they were on my downwind side. After 10 minutes they must have caught my wind and headed for the woods. I stopped them with some female whimpers and they came charging back in.

Unsure of the distance but feeling the pressure I decided to take the shot. Dumped the female at 95 yards. Shot was a bit high as I spined her but she was DRT. After a little pup Distress and not getting the other to come back I went to retrieve my kill.

As I approached the dead yote the other began barking from the woods. We barked back and forth for five minutes but it wouldn't show itself so I packed up and left.

I can't thank [beeep] Game calls enough for a great product and also Noname1 for some awesome advice he posted recently.

Last edited:
just watch their tutorial videos and then practice practice practice. I didn't think that i was sounding that good on my howls but it must have been good enough. I felt like the female whimpers and pup distress were pretty easy to get. The howls take a little longer. From listening to the fox pro before I also challenge barked the coyote that ran to the woods after I shot this one.

We barked back and forth for five minutes before I gave up on that one coming back out.

Yes M F K is correct

Which calls do you have? And they're pretty easy to use with some practice?

I'd been thinking for a while about getting some just to supplement my calling.

I bought the pretty deadly howler which to me has a higher pitch and would probably work better for pup Distress. But the call I used the other night was the 2 reed competition howler. I want to get more calls already possibly a 3 and 4 reed call to get a deeper tone even though what I already have obviously worked well.

Great job Whitetail! That didn't take long. For a deeper tone stick with the 2 Reed competition and make yourself an amp horn. You can find water buffalo horn online dirt cheap. A thinner walled horn will give you more pitch, a thicker walled horn will give your more tone. I just got one and hacksawed the end off, it sounds great and the sound really carries.

You can get 4 or 5 of them and experiment with whichever ones you get one. Dirt cheap so if you screw one up it's not a big deal. http://www.black-bear-haversack.com/inde...orn-6-9-sm.html

I wanted to order some several months ago so I messaged them to ask which call would be the best for an absolute beginner. I was disappointed in the fact that I'm still waiting on a reply.

Big 1 I would recommend the 2 reed competition howler for sure. As far as emailing them I can't comment but I did call them on the phone the other day to let them know how pleased I was and the girl on the phone was very sweet and appreciative of the call.

For the money and the results I don't think you will go wrong if you just pick up a few of the calls and start practicing.

Thanks Whitetail, I appreciate it. When I contacted them, I did it through their "Contact Us" link on their web page.

I was looking at their starter combo package for $28.

Last edited:
They are a home grown company and still run everything themselves. Torie Lynn does a bang up job trying to answer every phone call, email, Facebook post, Messgener message, etc. Sometimes one may fall through the cracks, but I've never seen them not make up for it when brought to their attention.

To start out you can't go wrong with the 2 Reed Pup Howler, Competition Howler or the Blackout. Big1 if you need help or have any other questions shoot me a pm.

Thanks NoName, I appreciate it. I understand that they're small and appreciate their products and videos that I love to watch. I haven't given up on them and that's why I'm not on here bashing them either.

I watched the video last night where he took a 10 year old hunting for his birthday. It was a pretty good video. I was a little jealous at how well that boy was howling. He was pretty good.

Back