6.5 grendel powders

kooman

Guys I'm going to start working up some loads for my BHW 20" AR barrel and was wanting some opinions on what powders to use. I will primarily be shooting 120-123 grain hornady bullets for casual target shooting at moderate ranges, and wondered what powders would be a good choice to try. thanks

Keep us posted on your findings. I have a BHW Grendel barrel ordered and am looking for the miracle load. Where did you get you brass also? Trying to find stuff and get ready for when the barrel comes in. Going to use it primarily for deer and coyotes. When you shoot it post some groups please. Everyone says the BHW Barrels shoot.

Betweene a buddy of mine and myself we bought a lot of factory hornady loads for the brass.Originally Posted By: yotekiller47Keep us posted on your findings. I have a BHW Grendel barrel ordered and am looking for the miracle load. Where did you get you brass also? Trying to find stuff and get ready for when the barrel comes in. Going to use it primarily for deer and coyotes. When you shoot it post some groups please. Everyone says the BHW Barrels shoot.

I use lighter bullets for coyotes. My best load is 85 gr Sra over 30.2 of Exterminator. Over 2700 fps and just over .600 group at 100 yds. I have an 18 inch barrel with a mid length gas system and use the JP super bolt (SS).

Originally Posted By: Smokin BarrelI run CFE 223 for the 123gr SST's and XBR 8208 for 123gr SMK at 2550 fps for each one.

I have noticed a lot of people using CFE223 with 123's.

well I decided to go with cfe223, worked up some test loads today with 123 grain eld to get an idea what range my 20" bhw barrel will like and so far the area of 30.8-31.8 seem to be looking good. I need to chrony this and fine tune a little but so far I like it.

I have had good luck with AR Comp, Varget and XBR 8208. I did end up using XBR with 120 nosler ballistic tip. 28.1 gr, 2.245, Rem 7 1/2 primers @ just under 2500 ft/sec. So far I have shot 4 coyotes and 1 fox with this load, they do not move as long as I make a good shot

Back