Home Brew 2

DoubleUp

My hunting partner killed one early tonight and we had another one that was just out of range, no video of that kill shot. When I got home it was still early, so I made a few calls from behind my shop. I spotted a couple of targets about 800 yds. out but thought at first they were deer. When I went to Breeding Coyotes, they started moving fast and I thought they might follow the field path along the woods line and come right on up to me, but they disappeared in the woods.

Later my alarm went off on the bait site and it was this big male. Apparently he came out to investigate looking for love in all the wrong places and decided he just as well have a snack while looking. The 50 v-max out of the Stag AR carbine put the smack down on him pretty good.

And a picture:

DoubleUp, great video as always. The shed light makes all the difference. I notice the light is to the right which gives you illumination from right to left and you are essentially shooting 90 degrees in relation to the light. That gives perfect contrast for the Photon.

That little 50 grainer really whopped him.

If I could borrow Nito Mortera's line from ArchersParadox, that little 50 vmax, "Smoked Him" literally. Here is a view from the Trail Camera.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpIf I could borrow Nito Mortera's line from ArchersParadox, that little 50 vmax, "Smoked Him" literally. Here is a view from the Trail Camera.

Nice shooting as always. Love the vids.

Back