Breeding season call sequence?

surprised no one has answered this post, I am fairly new at this and would like to hear a few
call sequences for breeding season.

Female, female, male, whimpers or female submissive, maybe sore howls, nothing happens run PUP DISTRESSfor a long time. Mix it up. Get a response and move on them if they don't come. There are no rules. I'm only doing 3 minute breaks on howls and maybe 3 or 4 howls at a time. pup distress can go for 10min switching back and forth with various pup/canine/and mouth calling. Just something that has worked for me recently.

I'm also new and learning. Figuring out which calls to use when is just what I've accepted as part of the learning curve. Thanks for sharing, Humpness.

I am surprised anyone gave up their secrets.
Here is the foolproof sequence,or so I read.
Male Coyote Howls #C34
Female Yodel Howl #C28
Coyote Pup Distress No.3 C27 Foxpro. You might want to cut the first two off early and let the third play longer.

Originally Posted By: tripod3I am surprised anyone gave up their secrets.
Here is the foolproof sequence,or so I read.
Male Coyote Howls #C34
Female Yodel Howl #C28
Coyote Pup Distress No.3 C27 Foxpro. You might want to cut the first two off early and let the third play longer.
I must have read the same article......it sure isn't foolproof!

I concur with the certainly not fool-proof. I read the same article and have a sequence programmed. I have not scored with it as of yet. In all honesty, I am glad there isn't anything that is truly "fool proof". Part of what I like about predator hunting is that it isn't easy. All the failures (nothing shows or you don't see it) make the times when you do get something to respond that much more exciting and rewarding.

You think there are a lot of people in this sport now; just imagine how many there would be if it were easy and fool proof.

Coyotes rarely provide success to fools and it is not very hard to make a foolish mistake.

I think that especially this time of year the biggest key to success is being patient.

Keep at it.

Originally Posted By: SteeliemonMII concur with the certainly not fool-proof. I read the same article and have a sequence programmed. I have not scored with it as of yet. In all honesty, I am glad there isn't anything that is truly "fool proof". Part of what I like about predator hunting is that it isn't easy. All the failures (nothing shows or you don't see it) make the times when you do get something to respond that much more exciting and rewarding.

You think there are a lot of people in this sport now; just imagine how many there would be if it were easy and fool proof.

Coyotes rarely provide success to fools and it is not very hard to make a foolish mistake.

I think that especially this time of year the biggest key to success is being patient.

Keep at it.
+1

Gold spoon today, top water bait tomorrow......oh, that's fishing.
wink.gif

Regards,
hm

Start with several female invitation howls. Then respond with a couple male howls. Continue female invitation howls. Give 2-3 minutes then repeat. Another 2-3 minute break, then female breeding chirps. Continue chirps and wimpers. If nothing in 12 minutes, add pup distress or a challenge, then back to breeding chirps. You can do this with 1 or 2 different howlers if you don't have e-caller. I still use mouth calls. Maybe an e-caller next year.

I would also say don't expect coyotes to come flying in quickly this time of year when breeding. You may have to be on stand 30min to 1hr depending on area and how they have been hit with calling.
The 5 I shot last week took over 40 min on every set.
female invites, young answers, pup distresses, think like a mating coyote.

Quote:DSG - 15 min
wait 35 min
DSG-15 min
wait 45 min
end with lightning jack continuous.
Be sure you bring enough rounds.

surely something is bound to wander into hearing range in that amount of time. lol

i guess guys can and do stay on a stand that long. but its not for me.

Originally Posted By: skinneyDSG - 15 min
wait 35 min
DSG-15 min
wait 45 min
end with lightning jack continuous.
Be sure you bring enough rounds. Long time? The wait time....any reason for that length of time? I don't think I have that much patience, lol. Thanks, Regards, Drop

Not all are coming into breeding sounds.
Shot only 1 sunday using female/breeding/pup distress vocals, the others we shot were with jack rabbit sounds & domestic kitten distress, feral cat & other kitten sounds tossing in a puppy bark or howl between crying cats.
That was after playing breeding vocals with no takers, then shutting down for 5 min and using distress of a different kind starting low and modulating from low to high.
This was all in open hilly & deep gully/ravins, thick shrubs areas.
May have to change your plan of attack if breed vocals are not doing the job.

Back