New to AR ?

odgreen

Just started looking . Our local Cabales has Bush Master QRC with red dot , 16" super light barrel for $549 - $599 . Is this a good buy ? It's in my price range. It will be used for fox, ground hog and target practice. I'm not sure about what's out there in my $650 price range. Any advice will be helpful thanks.

Maybe the OP wants a short package. Nothing wrong with a 16" barrel hust depends on the use. For what he described out to 400yds 16" is fine. If you are trying to retain velocity for shooting farther distances then a 20" would be better.

I have a 16 inch barrel that I hunt with I like it a lot with the brake not on it it isn't that loud going off in middle of the night I use just a thread protector when hunting.

I have a 16" barrelled RRa and i love it. This barrel doesnt like to be pushed real fast but if i stay just a little above the starting loads it does great!! It is loud but that dont matter to me as when i hunt i dont shoot enough for it to matter. And when i work up my loads i wear hearing protection. I used it last year to harvest two deer and it did great. I am going to use it this year to rid my gardens of the groundhogs that just moved in a couple of years ago.

Light 16" barrell with an Aero mount and ultralight Luepold scope has done me we well. Avoid breaks like the plague. Post pic of your progress.

Back