To thread or not?

ToddNE

For my 30th birthday a couple years ago my wife bought me a used Winchester M70 Coyote Outback in .243 the problem is I hate shooting without a suppressor. My wife tells me to thread it for a can and shoot it all the time but im torn about threading a gun that means that much to me. What are your thoughts???

You answered your question. You'd have done it if you wanted to...

Personally, I won't modify a gun that has sentimental value.

Thread it. No point in a gun you won't shoot.
My dad passed 4 yrs ago. I was given his 7mm by my brother. I used it to hunt with 1 year and noticed accuracy had fallen off a lot. I scoped the barrel and it was toast. I could just hang it on the wall or put it in the back of the safe for memory sake or I could put a new tube on it.
It's at Christensen arms getting a new carbon wrapped tube right now and a new scope in the safe. None of this will change the fact that it is still my fathers gun. He hunted with it then and I'll hunt with it now and the future to come.

I'm sure she got it for you with the intentions of you using it. You won't use it without a can. She's in favor of threading. Get it threaded and add the can so you will use it like she wanted you to. It'll mean even more if you actually get to use and enjoy what she got you instead of just knowing it's there.

thanks for the replies! Im going to take it to get threaded so i'll actually use the dang thing it will mean more to me using it then letting it sit in the safe

Back