Ramzip 357

metsen duts

Been getting into reloading 357 and have found some contradictory load data I am loading 125 he go my Lee manual says 7 he of ram zip start load, whil ramshots load data is saying 7 gr start load
Any suggestions?

The Ramshot data shows 7 to start then 7.9 max with a 125 grain jacketed bullet. Since the 7 matches the data you cross referenced, that is a reasonable place to start. You can also reference 38spcl +p loads with the same powder & bullet. Yes it will be much less, but is an idea of a lower floor you can factor in if you want to keep loads modest.

Depending on the gun & all, I'm not a big fan of 125 grain max warp loads in a 357 mag. Even the starting loads will be much more than a 38sp +P loads. In a snubbie, I may hang out in the middle somewhere.

There are controllability issues, muzzle blast, and potential erosion problems.

Appreciate the reply I am shooting a 4.5 Ruger gp100 match champion a being new to reloading I'm staying on the lower end of loads. Just that the data I saw had from one source was starting while max on another source. Being green to this I'm paranoid want to keep my fingers and pistol in working order

Back