Any one heard of this knife maker

One of the various Mora knives would work very well for fixed blades. Or one of the Case or Buck fixed blade knives RePete linked. A Buck 110 folder would serve very well also. All very good inexpensive options. If desired a very capable Bushcraft knife can be had for $150+ dollars of the knife in question.

Last edited:
Here's my small collection of goofing off/camping beater knives.
They'll cover most camping and hunting chores.

Tops bob
Mora eldris
Bahco stamped mora companion
Ka bar skinner
Case small game knife

An all purpose pocket knife and a good drop point or pearing knife for skinning and putting up fur is all that is needed in my opinion.

High dollar knives are for like the Kardashian girls, Good to look at, but worthless for the most part.

Unless you are just trying to impress folks or buy friends.

Maybe look up Moore maker knives. I think they are out of Texas. They have a nice crossdraw sheath, are sold on Craig Camerons website
Chris French has one, he is a mule guy in southern Iowa.
I have some mules myself out of his jack.
What part of the state are you in? I am way northwestern part of the state.
If you are near Boone look up Max Brower or I can get you in contact with him. His knives are not cheap but are as good as you can buy.
If nothing else suits you I could make you one. Some say they are pretty good.
Let me know if I can help.

Originally Posted By: Brave1975An all purpose pocket knife and a good drop point or pearing knife for skinning and putting up fur is all that is needed in my opinion.

High dollar knives are for like the Kardashian girls, Good to look at, but worthless for the most part.

Unless you are just trying to impress folks or buy friends.

Interesting opinion...

Originally Posted By: WindyhillCarry it while riding mules ,camping and goofing off

For those uses I think the Mora Kansbol would be tough to beat...it's an inexpensive knife and it's a great performer.

Back