Tone board jigs?

There are others. I'm not a call builder so the tone boards may need some modifications and tuning. But it should help with consistency at least.

That's what I'm looking for though just some consistency in shape, if anyone knows of others keep them coming. Thanks

What are you making tone boards for? What kind of call? You will pretty much find a few waterfowl jigs around for making duck and goose call tone boards but they are not the same as a predator call tone board. Workable for some guys, but they just don't have the right shape imo.
Mark

Looking for jigs for distress, and howlers, and most of what I have been finding is for waterfowl. Who here sells good toneboards? It may be a better option to buy instead of build.

It's a lot of trial and error until you get the hang of it,which you'll have with a jig aswell.
Personally I sold just as many calls with production boards as I do now with handmade ones so it may or may not be worth the time spent.

It has has been several years since I have seen anyone making howler or distress tone toneboards. All of the jigs I know of are basic learning tools for duck calls.

But another option is Webfoot Calls jig. http://www.webfootcustomcalls.com/wfcccart/jigs/duck_jigs/PJ1 This one has the a good starting slope but still has to be refined for each time for howlers and distress calls.

Or get the flat jig from Webfoot Calls. http://www.webfootcustomcalls.com/wfcccart/jigs/duck_jigs/FJ1 It is the best for starting out, and at $80 it has the best price. With a little jury rigging you can also use this jig to make Louisiana style closed reeds. The down side, you have to come up with your own slope every time.

Someone bought up most of them a few years back,maybe you could convince him to turn one loose... I do see howler jigs on ebay once in a blue moon,forget who was making them though.

Take a look at:

The Art Of Making A Custom Predator Call

How can a person make a predator call from a piece of PVC pipe? I have been making such open reed calls from PVC pipe for the past 30+ years. After I crafted my first working call that met with my satisfaction, I had the gratitude of using a call that I crafted to call in and harvest many a coyote in my former years of calling.

Back