Giraud trimmer over-chamfering...

I think I've taken about all the harassment I'm going to take on this topic.

I'll continue to trim cases the way I have been.

Originally Posted By: CZ527
Actually, nobody really offered any help concerning the original question. There were just a lot of opinions about how the brass looked and a lot of funny suggestions.

That's totally a bunch of bull crap.
I said nothing about how your brass looked.

Originally Posted By: CZ527 I appreciated the opinions, help and humor of everyone in this thread except one.

Was that me?

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: CZ527
Is there a cutter I can buy for this that will just cut my brass flat so I can chamfer/deburr by hand?

You can probably adjust the cutter to do that, but you'll be defeating the whole purpose of an expensive machine.
I kinda like doing the total process on 50 pieces of brass in 4-5 minutes.

^^

Now seriously.... I'm over it.

That's what really pi$$es me off with the way the world is nowadays.

How can an egghead like CZ527, who has absolutely no idea about how to dump some powder in a case and poke a bullet in the hole can get on a well-respected website like Predator Masters and slander a company like Giraud because he (CZ527) has has no idea how to make a simple adjustment.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CZ527Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: CZ527
Is there a cutter I can buy for this that will just cut my brass flat so I can chamfer/deburr by hand?

You can probably adjust the cutter to do that, but you'll be defeating the whole purpose of an expensive machine.
I kinda like doing the total process on 50 pieces of brass in 4-5 minutes.

^^

Now seriously.... I'm over it.

So, all is well now?

Not as far as I'm concerned.

Originally Posted By: fw707That's what really pi$$es me off with the way the world is nowadays.

How can an egghead like CZ527, who has absolutely no idea about how to dump some powder in a case and poke a bullet in the hole can get on a well-respected website like Predator Masters and slander a company like Giraud because he (CZ527) has either has no idea how to make a simple adjustment.

quite honestly he's basing his opinion on his perception that his buddy set his machine up incorrectly. which is even worse IMHO. blame the device for a half assed use by someone else without even trying it yourself.

this is akin to saying the 2016 March Madness is a BS tournament because you're a Spartan fan...

Originally Posted By: Plant.One

this is akin to saying the 2016 March Madness is a BS tournament because you're a Spartan fan...

That loss totally hosed my bracket. I had them going to the finals. Shouldn't have bet on anyone that lost to the Huskers lol...

Last edited:
Watch out cz. Your about to be placed on the unpopular PM list for wanting something different than some. I personally chamfer like that, but if you don't so be it its your ammo, not mine.

This thread spiraled out of control but I'll add my opinion

I used to chamfer conservatively as well until I got my Giraud. I assure you that the VLD style chamfer it applies doesn't hurt a thing. In fact I'd argue that it's actually better because it'll give more consistency from case to case.

Originally Posted By: CZ527I think I've taken about all the harassment I'm going to take on this topic.

I'll continue to trim cases the way I have been.

Sir you called people ham handed amateurs and then talk about being harassed.

I'm lifting this one. Like the OP, I'm also wondering if it's possible to adjust the amount of chamfer on the Giraud. I wet tumble all my brass, and with a sharp case mouth like that I fear they will be seriously dinged up in the cleaning process. I would like to remove as little material as possible when chamfering/deburring. Can the trim length and amount of chamfer be adjusted separately?
Thanks.

Short answer.... no.

After all this went down, there was a huge thread on accurate shooter that I was not involved in where a large amount of people complained about the same thing I did.

You can either live with it or you can't. I couldn't.

Originally Posted By: HumboI'm lifting this one. Like the OP, I'm also wondering if it's possible to adjust the amount of chamfer on the Giraud. I wet tumble all my brass, and with a sharp case mouth like that I fear they will be seriously dinged up in the cleaning process. I would like to remove as little material as possible when chamfering/deburring. Can the trim length and amount of chamfer be adjusted separately?
Thanks.

Correct answer: yes

Originally Posted By: BarkmanOriginally Posted By: HumboI'm lifting this one. Like the OP, I'm also wondering if it's possible to adjust the amount of chamfer on the Giraud. I wet tumble all my brass, and with a sharp case mouth like that I fear they will be seriously dinged up in the cleaning process. I would like to remove as little material as possible when chamfering/deburring. Can the trim length and amount of chamfer be adjusted separately?
Thanks.

Correct answer: yes

Wait a second.... I did read that wrong.

Yes you can adjust the "trim length" and amount of chamfer and deburr separately.... but your brass will still be, in my opinion, overdone.

I guess I had it in my head that the question was about adjusting chamfer and deburr separately.

Apologies.

Thanks for the replies guys. So it's not possible to adjust the chamfer to the point where it just touches the brass and only removes any burrs? I don't really know how the Giraud's cutter is designed. It would be nice if it was possible to adjust the cutter from no chamfer at all to what we saw in the picture earlier in the thread.

Back