Lights effect on scales

pdhunter

I know this has talked about before but I have another question-
Using my charge master I've noticed that the fluorescent ight over my bench effect the scale .
I bought 4 foot LED shop light to use.
Has any one had any experience with the led's ?
Do the effect the scale in any way ?

I love my gempro 250, I can take it everywhere and it still reads all of my check weights spot on, down to .02gr. I can put batteries in it and reload at the shooting bench in the wind and no problem as long as I use the cover. I have a sub woofer under my reloading bench and pound music as I go, nothing effects it, and it's far more accurate than scales I have seen sold for reloading.

Originally Posted By: pdhunterI know this has talked about before but I have another question-
Using my charge master I've noticed that the fluorescent ight over my bench effect the scale .
I bought 4 foot LED shop light to use.
Has any one had any experience with the led's ?
Do the effect the scale in any way ?

what kind of fixture is it - and more importantly what kind of BALLAST is inside it?

is it an older unit that uses the fat (1.5") t12 lamps in it? if so its probably got an (unshielded) magnetic ballast in it. which is likely the cause if thats the case.

the newer electronic ballast units dont seem to have the problem with as much EM bleed off.

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/whats-t...agnetic-ballast

that said -i'm with the other guys - these days its just as easy to forgo the whole fluorescent thing.

LED lighting is soo cheap and common now, just make the leap and upgrade to it. They're often dimmable too.

i use LED ribbon light over my bench, i just mount it to the underside of the shelf. works fantastic for lighting my work area.

http://a.co/jgFMuP6

i dont have a pic with the room dark, but you can still see just how much light these little things produce

20151109_224927_zpsisprsquv.jpg

I've said this before that I have never had any problems with my Chargemaster under my fluorescent lights above my bench, but am thinking about switching to LED lights for the energy savings

I hung one of the led's over my gun repair bench and all I can say is WOW !
Best lighting I've ever had over that bench -

Originally Posted By: pdhunterI hung one of the led's over my gun repair bench and all I can say is WOW !
Best lighting I've ever had over that bench -

Pretty nice, huh? I replaced three F's with three 48" LED's
and was in awe for days! My old eyes don't get nearly as tired
under them, either. And the Chargemaster works GREAT!

I put one over the reloading bench ,one over the gun work bench and one in front of the safes - no need for interior lighting in the safes -

We, when I say we I really mean my wife and kid, seem to think the light switch only flips on because they never seem to be able to EVER turn a freakin light off so we go through bulbs, OFTEN, at my house. I've been gradually replacing all the regular GE Daylight bulbs with LED Daylight bulbs and I like them a lot. I just put 4 new 75watt equivalent LED "Daylight" bulbs in the master bathroom and those things light our bathroom up like an operating room! I just put a couple 100watt equivalent LED bulbs in my gunroom and the "daylight" LED's are much brighter and whiter than the GE daylight bulbs they replaced and they're supposed to use less juice and last longer which around my house is a good thing.

We have a 4ft 4 tube light in the kitchen that I've been considering switching to LED tubes but I'm not sure how well they work as a replacement.

Originally Posted By: B23We, when I say we I really mean my wife and kid, seem to think the light switch only flips on because they never seem to be able to EVER turn a freakin light off so we go through bulbs, OFTEN, at my house. I've been gradually replacing all the regular GE Daylight bulbs with LED Daylight bulbs and I like them a lot. I just put 4 new 75watt equivalent LED "Daylight" bulbs in the master bathroom and those things light our bathroom up like an operating room! I just put a couple 100watt equivalent LED bulbs in my gunroom and the "daylight" LED's are much brighter and whiter than the GE daylight bulbs they replaced and they're supposed to use less juice and last longer which around my house is a good thing.

We have a 4ft 4 tube light in the kitchen that I've been considering switching to LED tubes but I'm not sure how well they work as a replacement.

I've been doing the same at my house my wife can be in the house 5 minutes and have darn near all the lights on. I put 6 of the 100w daylight led in my shed man what a difference

I have noticed and an electrician buddy of mine has said the same thing, but the traditional light bulbs are being sabotaged to get people away from them and to start using the more efficient bulbs. Traditional bulbs only last 25% or less of what they used to. My buddy had to replace his 150w barn lights about once a month when they used to last a year or two.

I got a bunch of LED shop lights and replacement LED bulbs that are the 4' on sale at costco. Now, i don't have to get up there and replace the bulbs as much as it seemed to happen.. I was having bulbs that would go out randomly. I thought that it was the elctricty, but after checking the connections and wiring, then replaced the switches.. Same issue, new bulbs, and they are brighter and no more issues.

I tried one of the Rockler shop lights that was 2700 lumen. I took it down and returned it. It was to bright for the 10' ceilings in my workshop.

Back