6.8 spc barell

foxrunner

want to build a 6.8spc

Looking for suggestions on a descent barrel. Stainless, fluted 18"
suggestions on where to find one? (Not Model 1 Sales)

This is going to be a deer rifle, any other thoughts on caliber?

Last edited:
My 6.8 barrel is from bison armory. It's a good shooter, 20" 1:11 twist. I use 110gr accubonds for deer. Can't go wrong with BHW either.

My 6.8 is a White Oak Armament and is a great barrel it is 1/11 twist and 18" and fluted SPR contour I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again. That being said I also really like my BHW barrel and my McGowen Precision barrel but neither one of those are in the 6.8

Everybody really seems to love ARP barrels. I see some really excellent groups from them on the 6.8 SPC Facebook page.

I have 18 inch bhw. Haven't done much with it but it shoots good enough with factory hornady ammo and a couple hand loads I have for coyote and milk jug shooting out to 200

You could talk to Ritch about ordering a barrel made to your specifications. Another to consider if you are a reloader is the 6X6.8.

Greg

For sure if you go with the BHW talk to Ritch he's a great guy and the 6x6.8 is a super fun round I love mine it's going to Wyoming this spring on a PD hunt.

Mines a Bison Armory, it was 18" then I got it cut down to 16" for weight purposes and most of my shots will be under 100 yards. But after this barrel gets wore out I will be going with BHW, they are great barrels, quality, & performance can't get no better. My .204 & 6x45 are both BHW, kind of wish my 6.8 was a BHW...

Prices are higher now than they were when I got mine, and I ordered enough at the same time to get a little discount, but I'm happy as a pig in schitt with my BHW 6.8spc barrel.

ARP, Black Hole, Wilson Combat or Bison. Don't think that ARP has an 18" in stainless or anything fluted right now.

Originally Posted By: NonnieselmanI just got another one of these.
http://ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/38010/43897

You can't go wrong with ARP, BHW or Bison Armory.
I plan on trying some heavier bullets with the 10 twist.

I have exact barrel coming on an IWT upper
smile.gif

Nice rifle and good choice. Harrison (owner of ARP) probably has more knowledge of the SPCII than anyone else. I've been working on loads and shooting factory ammo in my 20". The S&B 115 Matchkings ammo shoots awesome in mine

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: yotehunter243 Nice rifle and good choice. Harrison (owner of ARP) probably has more knowledge of the SPCII than anyone else.

Agree on Harrison! I have a couple of the 18" 1:11.25 5R barrels, from ARP, and accuracy is impressive. My "deer" rifle(also used for predators/varmints), with an ARP barrel, is running suppressed at the moment, and my oldest son wanted to try that config. He made one ragged hole at 50 yards, with 10 rounds of 90 gr. TNT loads...Not exactly match bullets! He was impressed, as his shooting skills need work, and that rifle made him look good. He has a new build with that exact barrel in flight at the moment.

Squeeze

Back