Mossberg MVP mag "fix" i guess...

OregonMike

Well, not sure if this has been shared, but I have a MVP, love the gun.... but yes, the mags are a little sloppy. Mind you, I had no fails to feed or other issues, just didn't like it being loose.

The fix is three thin strips of Gorilla Tape on the back ridge of the mag. (I am using P-Mags) and it sits really tight, but comes right out....

Just putting that out there.... Shouldn't have to do this I know, but for the rest of what you get for the bucks, I can takt the time and the .10 in tape...

Probably been posted before, if so, sorry....

Mike

I have two and just use the Pmags in them no mods needed but mine are 7.62s not .223s. I think a lot of the problems seen on the MVP have been all .223 related. That said I really do like these rifles and they are shooters with handloads. I have them both shooting sub MOA at 100 yds using the good old 168 gr Sierra HPBTs. One is the MVP LR with 20" barrel and one is the new Scout version with 16" barrel. I've gone 600 yds with the LR so far.

Ya, my friend has the LC in 556 with the alu chassis and the Pmags are tight in that. I don't reload, but in my Predator 24" I am having sub 1" with 40-55 gr VMax loaded ammo, and my best results are the HMS remanufactured at a constant 3/4". That was a nice surprise as I can get them for about $22 for a box of 50!!!

It hates the mil spec 55 gr..... and all this was tested in the first 50-75 rounds. I have noticed a HUGE performance jump when I got over 100 through it and gave it a through cleaning.... really tightened up.

Like I said earlier, I love the gun to death, shoots so good, and it was a gift from my best friend... so that tends to lead to some favoritism... LOL. I do love the looks too..... a lot....

Oh and I hear you with the 168 Gr Siera... I buy match ammo for my Savage Mdl 10 Law Enforcement that is using that bullet, and it is tight....

You probably guessed, not a reloader..LOL

Yote%20Gear_zpskfdonzvu.jpg

Last edited:
Back