End of the year....

OregonMike

Well, finished the season last weekend. Got some fat mallards to take to a co-worker who made roasted Chinese duck, that was awesome.

I put the breast meat from two of the biggest honkers ever in the smoker whole this morning, after a week in a dry rub, and then after 7 hours cut into long strips and just threw em back in for the last hour on Apple wood.....

The legs and thighs spent the week in a Brazilian BBQ marinade and then have simmered all day in a crock pot.... dinner anyone!!!!!

Hope you all had a good year......

Congrats on a good year! I have one more week of goose season. I'll probably get in two more hunts. I'm ready to rest for a while. It has been a long but great season.

Just finished up our regular season yesterday, probably the toughest year we've had in a long while as far as harvest, but still enjoyable. Conservation snow goose starts today and they are already here, so we will see if I can get a few.

I've been hunting everything that flies, walks or crawls since September the first. I am not going to chase the white devils this year. I am so tired of getting up at 4:00 am it's really not funny. It's time to get after the ones that swim!!

Back