Cheap Case Lube????

I know we all have our own way of doing case lube but I still use the RCBS glycerin lube. Instead of using the pad and rolling the cases on the pad I put 150 cases in a 1 gallon freezer bag and use the equivalent amount I would typically use for 150 .223 cases and drop it right into the bag with the cases.

I let it set for at least over night and shake it around a couple of times during the 24 hours the cases are in the bag. This allows the lube to spread evenly over the cases and it even gets inside of the case mouths so I don't have to do it prior to resizing. I do clean my cases in hot water and let them dry prior putting them into the bag. I also wash off the glycerin with hot water and I dry the cases again after resizing. I may also re-tumble them to shine them up after washing them again, but it's optional.

I just wish I could find a place to get a similar type of glycerin in bulk and not buy the small bottles.
kwg

that's one of the things about one shot I like best: I don't have to clean it off the cases.

spray them, wait 10 or so minutes, size & forget it.

I use the lanolin mix. Lay a bunch on a cookie sheet and spray em down, roll around and size away. I bet you could use the coconut oil in a sprayer.

Back