Lets see some of your best predator photos

These are some really great photos. Some of you guys are pretty much professional photographers when it comes to taking shots with a camera. I really like those live action shots of the bobcats.

Someone should make this thread a sticky so it lives on forever.

6mm06 reminded me of Africa. Wonderful place to call predators. I got a few in South Africa in 2005.

Here's a little female black-backed jackal.
FirstJackal1.jpg

Here's a cape fox.
FirstCapeFox1.jpg

And a beautiful male jackal:
SecondJackal2.jpg

And the first jackal I ever shot, the year prior in Namibia.
TroysJackal.jpg

DesertRam, that one jackal is beautiful. You don't find many with a back that nice. I shot a similar one in Namibia and skinned it out. The PH took it to a taxidermist and it took a year for me to get the skin. When it arrived it was the wrong jackal skin. The one I got was plain Jane and someone got my nice one. Jackal hunting is a lot of fun.

Here's a video the PH did with an X-Sight. Don't mean to high jack a thread but hopefully just adding to good one. I enjoy seeing everyone's photos.

I can't compete with some of these professionals in putting fur down or taking pictures, but here are some from this season.

Day after Christmas

First and only Bobcat so far. Good sized male for this area.

Early Season Yote me and a friend got.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
DesertRam, that one jackal is beautiful. You don't find many with a back that nice. I shot a similar one in Namibia and skinned it out. The PH took it to a taxidermist and it took a year for me to get the skin. When it arrived it was the wrong jackal skin. The one I got was plain Jane and someone got my nice one. Jackal hunting is a lot of fun.

In retrospect, I sure wish I would have skinned that guy out and had a rug made of him. That picture is all I have.

My my... my hats are off to these live pics... I know it is a lot harder to get good pics than just shooting them... that jackle should have gotten a full body mount.. I saw golden jackles in Iraq, those did not look much different than a coyote in a summer coat.. I always wanted to call over there but...

Back