New Pulsar Helion, Trail, Core, Thermals videos & pics! NEW VIDEO 9/11!

Originally Posted By: varminter .223Originally Posted By: cmlUnfortunately the LRF XQ38 is an Apex model not a Trail model. On their website it shows two new Apex models...the LRF XQ38 and LRF XQ50. None of the Trails have a built in LRF...just the "stadiametric rangefinder"...which makes me sad
frown.gif

Hmmm I see, so is this new Apex the same 17 micron core like the trail.....why 2 models?? Same as the old apex with a 17 micron core, with a range finder but no on board recording or integrated battery pack??

Different magnification between the two.

Well looks like no LRF Apex for U.S. going by the web link you provided. Thanks for pointing me to the correct page.

I've looked into that exact unit. Amazon just had them for a smoking price and I almost jumped on one. How do you set yours up for night?...just like they suggest setting up on a day scope?...or do you just put the laser dot on your target, since I'm guessing you can see the laser under NODS?

Originally Posted By: cmlWell looks like no LRF Apex for U.S. going by the web link you provided. Thanks for pointing me to the correct page.

I've looked into that exact unit. Amazon just had them for a smoking price and I almost jumped on one. How do you set yours up for night?...just like they suggest setting up on a day scope?...or do you just put the laser dot on your target, since I'm guessing you can see the laser under NODS?

Not all the new products are up on the website yet. We will have an Apex LRF XQ38, $2999.97 and XQ50, $3299.97. Both are available for pre-order through me.

I set it up just like they recommend for a day scope set-up. The visible laser makes recovery a breeze.

Originally Posted By: case-nhHow about the XP50? Any price or pre-order on that?

Sorry. You're going to have to be a bit more specific than just XP50. Pulsar is known for having several different units with the same number designation. It's kind of a pain. LOL!

Man these letter/number model designations are wearing me out:eek:
So there is a non range finder apex xq38 that is in the 2700 range? I am trying out determine what I could justify today for an xd38a to finish out the season. I thought you mentioned that model and I am assuming that was one not on their site yet.

Last edited:
Was wondering on the Trail XP50 thermal scope in 640x480. Looks like only 1 model on the website.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223Man these letter/number model designations are wearing me out:eek:
So there is a non range finder apex xq38 that is in the 2700 range? I am trying out determine what I could justify today for an xd38a to finish out the season. I thought you mentioned that model and I am assuming that was one not on their site yet.

The Apex XQ38 is $2499.97 at Night Goggles Inc., available for pre-order.

Originally Posted By: NGI_TOMOriginally Posted By: varminter .223Man these letter/number model designations are wearing me out:eek:

The Apex XQ38 is $2499.97 at Night Goggles Inc., available for pre-order.
Sweet! When is delivery expected? You probably mentioned that but I am gonna ask again lol!
Probably right after our night season ends
frown.gif

Last edited:
These new units won't start shipping until May 2017 at the ealiest. Hence the reason we are only taking pre-orders. It may be later than that depending upon how many orders are ahead of ours.

Originally Posted By: TatonkaIIAre there other alternatives to the SWR Radius LRF? Looks to be about $1K

Not that we are aware of. We have seen the Radius go on sale from time to time for as low as $650 through DVOR.com. They're well worth $1k in my opinion.

I've been in countless situations where this would have been a benefit for me while night hunting. I just really didn't want to spend that much..... going to price one out. LOL

On the range finder issue, you guys that are using them are you shooting over 200 yards or are you just trying to determine if they are under say 225 and within range? The reason I ask is that I am in Illinois in farm country and really have no intentions of shooting over 200 and can hold dead on out to 200 or a hair farther. With my limited thermal experience I can definitely see where judging distance is tough but I am not sure I would shoot if they were so far out that I was in doubt, I would keep calling. Point being if they are over 200 then I am not sure I could aim accurately with an xd38a anyway. What are you guys with more experience behind the thermals thoughts on how far you can shoot. THANKS!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223On the range finder issue, you guys that are using them are you shooting over 200 yards or are you just trying to determine if they are under say 225 and within range? The reason I ask is that I am in Illinois in farm country and really have no intentions of shooting over 200 and can hold dead on out to 200 or a hair farther. With my limited thermal experience I can definitely see where judging distance is tough but I am not sure I would shoot if they were so far out that I was in doubt, I would keep calling. Point being if they are over 200 then I am not sure I could aim accurately with an xd38a anyway. What are you guys with more experience behind the thermals thoughts on how far you can shoot. THANKS!

I would tend to agree with you that 200-250 yards is about max with the Apex XD38A. I live in Utah, where can can see and shoot 1000 yards if we desire. I have killed a coyote at 340 yards with my IR Hunter MKIII 60mm out here. I attribute that shot to the Radius laser range finder. I've killed dozens between 200-300 yards at night. I've seen people miss coyotes at 100 yards by holding over thinking it was 300 yards. Out here, we have nothing to reference for distance. In the East, you guys pretty much know how far it is across the field you're calling, etc. Very different in the West. The LRF is a huge benefit out here or any place you've never seen in the daylight.

What kind of objective lens are they using on the Trail xp50? They don't say in any info. Germanium I hope. Also isn't starting out at 1.6x kind of low? Every time you bump it up your losing clarity right? Would have thought starting it at around 3x would have been better.

We have some of the new Pulsar gear here at he office for testing. Since a lot of you were curious how the on-board DVR in the new thermals would look, here ya go.

First is the Pulsar Helion XP38 Thermal monocular.

For best results, watch full screen in HD!

Night Goggles Inc price is $3799.97, ETA May 2017
IMG_0652_zps1iu573rx.jpg

Specifications:
Objective Lens; F38/1.2
Microbolometer, resolution, um; 640x480 @ 17um
Frame rate, HZ; 50
Magnification, X; 1.9-15.2
Field of view; 16.3
Range detection, yds; 1475
Dimensions, in; 8.9x2.2x2.3
Weight, oz; 15.9
Battery life, hrs; 8+
Water proof; Fully IPX7
Wireless capability; Yes
Color modes; 8
Operating temp, *F; -13* to 122*
Built- in Video; Yes
Updatable software; Yes
Stadiametric rangefinder; Yes

After a couple weeks with this unit, I really like the size of this handheld monocular. It's perfectly appointed for scanning and the battery life is impressive. My favorite feature is the Built-in Video Recorder. It's simple to operate and I find myself using that function a lot. Stay tuned for video and specs on the Pulsar Trail XP38.

Back