Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#3080257 - 07/11/17 10:24 AM Re: My Wyoming 2016 Fall Black Bear [Re: frissco]
skinney Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: South Dakota
Originally Posted By: frissco
Fox pro? Bacon grease is more like it. Congrats on your killed over bait bear

Could of done a little better for a first post.

They'll hear ya three times, see ya twice, but only smell ya once.

Play the Rabbit, and they will come.

#3080261 - 07/11/17 10:47 AM Re: My Wyoming 2016 Fall Black Bear [Re: Yotes2Call]
reaper4 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: maryland eastern shore
This an awesome bear bud. I'll be bringing my fox pro out for one in sept. No bacon grease needed.

#3082952 - 07/27/17 07:12 PM Re: My Wyoming 2016 Fall Black Bear [Re: frissco]
SnowmanMo Offline
Director/Moderator

Loc: Phoenix, Az

That is a nice looking bear. Frissco, if Yotes2call used a legal method then I don't see a problem. There might be many different ways to hunt that I don't agree with. That doesn't mean that I am going to try and diminish someone else's accomplishment and experience.

Again, Yotes, nice bear. Don't let a downer like frissco take anything away from that hunt. You don't get a bear like that without putting in leg work.

Mama always said, coyotes are like a box of chocolates...

#3083086 - 07/28/17 03:24 PM Re: My Wyoming 2016 Fall Black Bear [Re: skinney]
NdIndy Offline
PM senior

Loc: Viera FL
Originally Posted By: skinney

Could of done a little better for a first post.

Naw, I think he did quite well. It's like the first time you meet your future mother in law. If you don't walk up to her and kick her in the groin you're doing it wrong and setting all sorts of bad precedents for your future relationship.

#3083108 - 07/28/17 07:40 PM Re: My Wyoming 2016 Fall Black Bear [Re: SnowmanMo]
Yotes2Call Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Buffalo, Wyoming
Originally Posted By: SnowmanMo

That is a nice looking bear. Frissco, if Yotes2call used a legal method then I don't see a problem. There might be many different ways to hunt that I don't agree with. That doesn't mean that I am going to try and diminish someone else's accomplishment and experience.

Again, Yotes, nice bear. Don't let a downer like frissco take anything away from that hunt. You don't get a bear like that without putting in leg work.

I'm not.

He is just another stupid jealous hater, that has probably never killed a bear and has to make himself feel better by putting someone down who puts in lots of time to do it and get it done the right way.

Anyone that has ever put in the time, effort and dedication it takes to hunt bears in the Big Horns knows its not like Canada. And the mountains here don't lend themselves to spot and stalk in most areas. Baiting and calling are the most effective ways here.

We've taken 6 bears since 2010 and have helped out the ranchers/sheep herders tremendously !!

#3083111 - 07/28/17 07:46 PM Re: My Wyoming 2016 Fall Black Bear [Re: reaper4]
Yotes2Call Offline
Die Hard Member III

Originally Posted By: reaper4
This an awesome bear bud. I'll be bringing my fox pro out for one in sept. No bacon grease needed.

No bacon grease used....

Good luck ! send pics

#3083116 - 07/28/17 08:23 PM Re: My Wyoming 2016 Fall Black Bear [Re: Yotes2Call]
SnowmanMo Offline
Director/Moderator

Loc: Phoenix, Az
Originally Posted By: Yotes2Call
Originally Posted By: SnowmanMo

I'm not.

He is just another stupid jealous hater, that has probably never killed a bear and has to make himself feel better by putting someone down who puts in lots of time to do it and get it done the right way.

Anyone that has ever put in the time, effort and dedication it takes to hunt bears in the Big Horns knows its not like Canada. And the mountains here don't lend themselves to spot and stalk in most areas. Baiting and calling are the most effective ways here.

We've taken 6 bears since 2010 and have helped out the ranchers/sheep herders tremendously !!

AWESOME!! Way to help out those ranchers and build good relationships. I had some experiences baiting and calling when I lived in Maine. In AZ we are not allowed to bait so many guys use dogs. I have called in 2 bears with my FoxPro and like you said, it is pretty tough and takes a LOT of work depending on the terrain.

The game and fish departments of each state decide what methods are legal and I will defer to their scientific methods of determining allowable take. Just too bad when someone has to criticize. If they don't like the way you hunt they don't have to support it but they don't have to go out of their way to trash another hunter. That's a good way to end up in a useless FaceBook style of argument, IMHO.

Mama always said, coyotes are like a box of chocolates...

#3083121 - 07/28/17 08:39 PM Re: My Wyoming 2016 Fall Black Bear [Re: Yotes2Call]
Yotes2Call Offline
Die Hard Member III

Thanks and agreed 100%

We can hunt everything in WY except waterfowl with the FOXPRO !!

#3085080 - 08/09/17 07:13 PM Re: My Wyoming 2016 Fall Black Bear [Re: Yotes2Call]
Cowboyvon Offline
Predator Master

Loc: New Mexico United States
Nice Bear!

#3085430 - 08/11/17 07:52 PM Re: My Wyoming 2016 Fall Black Bear [Re: Yotes2Call]
Yotes2Call Offline
Die Hard Member III

Thanks .... getting close to having him back from taxidermist

#3155235 - 07/17/18 07:57 PM Re: My Wyoming 2016 Fall Black Bear [Re: Yotes2Call]
Yotes2Call Offline
Die Hard Member III

28 days and season is open here again.... Great to get up into the mountains again !

Love Fall Bears !!

#3160544 - 08/24/18 09:52 PM Re: My Wyoming 2016 Fall Black Bear [Re: Yotes2Call]
Tracker0721 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Republic WA
Thanks for bringing this post up! That bear is incredible. Hopefully I’ll get a nice little meat bear this year in WA- using a single shot Henry 243 and a monster like that would only be shot with a camera.

#3160698 - 08/26/18 10:22 AM Re: My Wyoming 2016 Fall Black Bear [Re: Tracker0721]
Yotes2Call Offline
Die Hard Member III

Originally Posted By: Tracker0721
Thanks for bringing this post up! That bear is incredible. Hopefully I’ll get a nice little meat bear this year in WA- using a single shot Henry 243 and a monster like that would only be shot with a camera.

Thanks and good luck !! post up pictures !

We hunt these bears in domestic sheep summer and fall grazing lands. We've taken 6 bears since 2010 outta there for the sheep herders. If it is a legal bear, it is killed. First year we started they had lost 87 lambs and ewes. This year it is 5 confirmed and 3 probable's.

Edited by Yotes2Call (08/26/18 10:23 PM)
Edit Reason: Grammar

#3160816 - 08/26/18 08:43 PM Re: My Wyoming 2016 Fall Black Bear [Re: Yotes2Call]
Tracker0721 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Republic WA
That’d be cool to start hunting where it helps the ranchers. Our bear spot is a tucked away cedar woods where no cows would go. I started hunting coyotes to help ranchers in calving season but now here in Colorado I’m just out hunting em on the grasslands. Never hunted sheep territory but they probably get hit hard between the coyotes and bear. Wolves too right? Cool to see the positive impact on reducing predators though. Hope to see some more stories from your bear hunts!

#3172323 - 11/18/18 09:00 PM Re: My Wyoming 2016 Fall Black Bear [Re: Yotes2Call]
JC Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Western Wyo.
What happened to the Picture / As in no pic......

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.