Posts and pictures

browning 243

I will start off by says hunting for me has not been very good this year. I have only called in one and he hung up at the woods line at 500 yards and i thought i would be able to bring him in a little closer. That did not happen he just got tired of sitting there and moved elsewhere. We also had a week of warm weather before the January full moon which melted 90% of the snow for that and made a muddy mess of everything else. Those guys in Canada though seem to have flocks of coyotes there. Around here they are very elusive. Got some snow now so back out trying and that is all a guy can do.
No to why i am doing this post. Just wanted to see what ever ones opinion might be on making it easier to add pictures to our posts. It would be easier if a person could do your post and than upload a picture from our phones or computer and not have to go though Photobucket or any other place like that. To me it is a lot harder and it probably prevents people putting pictures or a short video of the hunt. This all involves everyone to have another account and password to log into and go back and forth and for me i usually have to upload my picture a couple times because i do it wrong. This starts to get very frustrating. Now a days most everyone's pictures they take out in the field are all backed up in the "CLOUD". For me i don't need them saved in the "CLOUD", in my phone, my computer and also in Photobucket. If we could make this more user friendly we might get a lot more people joining this great site that we have here? i do not know what it might take for this site to do this but Craigslist has had it that way for many years. It only take a few minutes to do a post and upload pictures into your post. So, my Question is: Can this be done? Look forward to all the replies and this i think is something for our great administrative personal on this website to see if it can be done. Thanks and great hunting.

I see that this thread had 40 people look at it and no comments. I would have thought by now someone would have had something to say good, bad or ugly.

It all has to do with software capabilities. Obviously the software uses here doesn't have that option. Either there isn't a version of this software with that option or the cost of that software and or storage is to great to justify the cost.

Just the way I see it.

I find photobucket easier than having to upload the same photo multiple times for several different sites.

Another site I frequent, Duckhunter.net, has a simple picture posting feature.You just drag a photo from your desktop and drop it into the "reply" box. Your picture shows up there and you preview and post.

You can also click on "upload a file" and your pictures in your file appear and you choose one. Also, pretty simple.

Wish we had that feature here.

That is exactly what i am talking about duckstopper. To me that is easier to do. I also see that you also said "wish we had the feature here." I believe there are many members that will agree with us. I hope that someone puts a bug in the right persons ear to get this to happen. Thanks for your comment duckstopper.

I guess my question is, can we get the software so it could be done that way? Is the software to do that expensive and if it is what price are we talking? Would the price be offset by how new members that would join? Is it cheaper to do this now or later? The way i see it forums need to keep up with the times and the ones that fall behind usually go by the way side? Thank you for your reply Stu Farish. I do not understand a lot of things with software but what i do know is the easier things are for people to do the more people you have and everyone learns more from what other peoples experiences.

different software isn't that expensive. the problem is that we now have about 17 years worth of history & getting all the data moved over & the site software working right is a ton of work. we've made one attempt at it that ultimately was determined to not be possible & we lost a fair bit of cash on that deal.

I have a different system in mind that I really like but I don't know how much work it would take to migrate to it, or what we might lose in such a move.

Thank you for answering a few of my questions and that you have been looking into this. I have not tried this but in doing some reading in different forms in here i read that form a mobile phone you can post pictures from it without going to photobucket. Can a person do this?

Originally Posted By: browning 243I will start off by says hunting for me has not been very good this year. I have only called in one and he hung up at the woods line at 500 yards and i thought i would be able to bring him in a little closer. That did not happen he just got tired of sitting there and moved elsewhere. We also had a week of warm weather before the January full moon which melted 90% of the snow for that and made a muddy mess of everything else. Those guys in Canada though seem to have flocks of coyotes there. Around here they are very elusive. Got some snow now so back out trying and that is all a guy can do.
No to why i am doing this post. Just wanted to see what ever ones opinion might be on making it easier to add pictures to our posts. It would be easier if a person could do your post and than upload a picture from our phones or computer and not have to go though Photobucket or any other place like that. To me it is a lot harder and it probably prevents people putting pictures or a short video of the hunt. This all involves everyone to have another account and password to log into and go back and forth and for me i usually have to upload my picture a couple times because i do it wrong. This starts to get very frustrating. Now a days most everyone's pictures they take out in the field are all backed up in the "CLOUD". For me i don't need them saved in the "CLOUD", in my phone, my computer and also in Photobucket. If we could make this more user friendly we might get a lot more people joining this great site that we have here? i do not know what it might take for this site to do this but Craigslist has had it that way for many years. It only take a few minutes to do a post and upload pictures into your post. So, my Question is: Can this be done? Look forward to all the replies and this i think is something for our great administrative personal on this website to see if it can be done. Thanks and great hunting. I've thought the very same thing for a long time.

It would be easier to load direct onsite, but I don't find it prohibitive to use tinypic to host my photos free with no membership.

One big plus for uploading to the site is that you don't have people abandoning hosting accounts causing pics to disappear from old posts.

It's not a feature I would ever use but I see the appeal. Not going to happen with this ancient software though.

- DAA

Honestly, it aint that hard, but, I'm telling you Photo bucket sucks. I use Flickr. Pics are much better (clearer) and it's easy to upload from your computer to Flickr then copy the pic then paste it here. Flickr is so much more reliable as well. Even from a phone. I promise once you do it a couple times its no prob.
Mark

Thanks for some input on this topic guys. I see that there is a few of us that agree it would make things alot easier but it is not very economical for use to probably do this. I do feel that this is going to be something that we are going to have to do for use to be competitive in having members join and having sponsors support use. Other inferior sites are going to upgrade to this technology and we are going to start to lose members to them because it is more user friendly. I feel that this is the best site that is dedicated to predator hunting and hunting in general with the the best knowledge for members to help beginners. Thank you for checking this post out and also responding.

some sites I've been on have "upgraded" by installing new software & just starting over. Make every register, don't migrate the old posts. it really [beeep] off the members & we don't want to do that. but at the same time there just isn't an out of the box solution, anything we do will take customization & to migrate the data is also a custom job. it's also one that will take some real time to run, given how much data we have.

All the sites I frequent require a photo sharing site to post pics.

Have to think it's a memory issue, PM uses or loses no memory when using a photos haring site.

Another site I was on limited the size of the images that could be posted.

Would be interesting to know how Duckhunter.net does it?

Last edited:
Back