Home Brew Coyote

DoubleUp

Yesterday morning when I checked the cameras on the bait pile, I saw that a coyote had visited on Sat. night about 2 a.m. to 4 a.m. No sign of him Sunday night or Monday night on the cameras. Last night when I went out to go calling, I turned my thermal 19A on and saw something run from the bait pile out across the field.

I knew it was too big to be a cat and had to either be a red fox or the coyote. I also had a red visit just before daybreak this morning. Although our calling has been really good this year, my bait pile has been untouched by a coyote for almost a year. I've had one coyote in Dec. that visited one night only, and I think the last one I killed on the bait was sometime in Feb. of last year, so slow is not the word. Absolutely dead is more like it.

Anyway, after I came home last night the alarm went off while my wife was in the shower, and it was the coyote. I shot him with my Stag AR carbine, and a 50 gr. V-max using the Photon 4.6XT. You can see on the video how it walloped him. Here is the video and picture. We've killed 4 while calling this week and this one makes #5 for the week. We only managed one from a quadruple that I called in last Thursday night or our results would be much better.

Last edited:
Back