Savage Model 11 Trophy Pred??

Babs9

Looking into getting a dedicated predator rifle. Been looking at the Savage Model 11 Trophy Predator. Wanted to see if anyone has one or has shot one and has opinions on it? Ive been going back and forth on which caliber to get as well.. 22-250 or .243. Leaning toward the 22-250. If anyone has an opinion on that as well.
I hunt in NY mostly at night it will most likely only be used for fox and coyote. Shots within 300 yds for the most part.
Thanks!

22-250 and 243 are gonna be a little hard on fox. It'll be OK for coyotes. If you don't save hides then either choice will work just fine.

i have one in 22-250 and love it other than the cheap stock.After a good brake in it did half in. three shot groups at 100 yards with hornady superformance

Just bought one in 223. First sight in group was around 1/2" with Remington factory 55 psp. After sighting in I used some ammo I loaded and was amazed at the groups. Shot three 3 shot groups and all three were around .350". This rifle is becoming my go to predator rifle. Didn't think I would like the Nikon scope with the circle reticle but even it has grown on me. Whatever caliber you get I think you will like the rifle.

Interested in this as well. I have been jumping between this and the model 10 predator for the past week and can't make up my mind. Let us know what you decide, good luck!

Well ended up deciding on this. Model 11 in 22-250. Just ordered it today! Can't wait! Thanks for all your help!
url]

Originally Posted By: TheshedhunterHave a model 11 22-250. Very good shooter. Tough on fox, I will not shoot fox with mine but coyote hates it very much.

thumbup1.gif

I have been researching a new rifle for weeks. Just ordered a Savage 11 Trophy Predator last Friday. Hope to have it by the end of the week.

Originally Posted By: Babs9Was doing the same as you and ordered it friday as well! Mind me asking where you ordered yours from huckster?
Is this a Cabela's special model, or did you guys get yours' elsewhere? I was looking to trade an AR towards one, but their site says it has a 22" barrel; I want a 24. Found at Dick's/Field And Stream a Savage "VT 11" package for less $: 24" barrel but no camo; kinda heavy but not sure if much more weight than the Predator version....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: deathwind IIOriginally Posted By: Babs9Was doing the same as you and ordered it friday as well! Mind me asking where you ordered yours from huckster?
That might be a Cabela's special model, but don't quote me on that. I was looking to trade an AR on one, but their site says it has a 22" barrel; I want a 24. Fwiw: Dick's/Field And Stream sells a Savage "VT 11" package for less $: 24" barrel but no camo; kinda heavy but not sure if much more weight than the Predator version....

I think you are thinking of the model 12 FV which i believe is the Cabelas special. The model 11 pred is not a cabelas special. The model 11 has the 22" and i believe the model 12 FV has a 26" barrel.

Babs9,
The best pricing I could find was Buds Gun Shop. Included free shipping. There was only one place with a better price but not in stock. I have ordered a couple of guns from Buds. Always easy and my local shop charges $10 for rifle transfers and $20 for handguns.

Huck

Back