Nebraska Mule deer hunting???

patboos44

I'm interested in going mule deer hunting. I live in North East Kansas so Nebraska would be reasonable for me to get to in a somewhat short period of time and would allow me to go more than once if I'm unsuccessful on my first trip. Where would be a good area to go? I want to hunt public land unless I can find a nice farmer who would let me hunt there land. I plan on hunting muzzle loader due to the fact I hunt whitetail and I don't want to go until I get my whitetail buck with muzzle loader, bow, or rifle. If I get a whitetail early I plan on hunting more than just muzzle loader in Nebraska. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time.

You have to get to western NE to find any decent mulie hunting. I have never hunted any public land out that way so unfortunately I can't help you on that.
Try calling the NE game and parks; they should be able to help.

If you don't mind going a little father than Western NE you might try Wyoming. Thay have an excellent Walk-In program for big game. You get to hunt private ranches without having to get permission or pay a trespass fee. Look up Access Yes on their website.

Late to the party, but there are also Mule deer in NorthWest Kansas. I lived and worked out there around Colby 08-09. Ironically drew a tag but never shot one. There are some good sized ones, and some walk in hunting, although not the best areas.

Just might save you some money staying in state. I'm not sure if you can hunt without being drawn for a tag though.

Back