Minnesota Early goose reports

JJH

Hunted the islands in the Mississippi river in the Elk River are all weekend with no luck. Usually I have done well in this area, but birds would not come into the deke's. I tried resetting a couple times after watching them react but always got the same reaction. See the deke's come about 70 yds out, turn, land 200 yards out. I had at least 3 flocks a day do this all 3 days. Frustrating.

Seperate side note. I would like to get my fiancee on some birds. This is her first full year of hunting and I really want to get her involved. She got her first duck last season, but wants a goose (maybe more!). I would like to make sure she doesn't lose interest. I'm not having much luck getting permission to hunt in my area, so I had to resort to the river. Anyone interested it doing a trade a trip? Early goose one or two days(weekends) for the same amount of time fishing the Mississippi river around my area (Elk River, Monticello, Dayton)? i have a 17' jon boat with jet motor and could take 2 with me. Fish for cats, smallmouth, carp, walleyes. If anyone is interested please Pm me.

Back