Quick attach thread adaptors??

SNOWJW

Is there any high end adaptors that can screw onto my threaded barrel then an adaptor that screws into my suppressor that would allow me to quick attach is there such a thing?? I would not want to change my accuracy so it would have to be something high end.

I'm confused on what your wanting. A QD type adapter or a Thread over muzzle brake type system.
If you have a Direct thread suppressor there are no adapters to change them to a QD system.
However depending on the manufacture you can change from a DT to a TOMB attachment system. It would really depend on who made it.

Your Point of Impact (POI) will change with whatever you put on there, unless it's a short and or heavy barrel. I have the SilencerCo system with my Omega. It works really well and I change from my 243 to my AR in seconds if needed. Once you re-zero your rifle with the suppressor, the accuracy doesn't change as long as you only shoot that rifle with your suppressor. You can take it off and on as much as you like, but shooting it with and then without the suppressor will change the POI. Hope that's not more confusing.

Ok I don't think I was very clear here is a link to a system that is what I am talking about but I think this one looks cheap to me I was curious if there was any high end ones like this that would not change my POI.

I want to run the muffler all the time like I do know but getting in and out of my RZR with my gun there is not enough room so I have to take it off then put it on every time I find a new place to call and if I had a fast way to apply the suppressor it would be nice.

By the way I have a Dakota 3.0 (AKA) Mack Bros.

Thanks

It's the weight of whatever you put in the end of the barrel cheap or solid gold that changes the POI. When a bullet is fired and it travels down the barrel it creates a wave. Where that wave is when the bullet exits the barrel determines the POI. Put a weight on the end and you change where the wave is when the bullet exits the barrel.

Last edited:
Ok but if I ran my suppressor all the time and did attach some sort of adaptor then adjusted to that change it should be the same all the time after I adjusted correct?? I'm not wanting to shoot with and without the suppressor I just want to attach the suppressor on faster.

Once you put it on and re-zero your gun, you can take it off and on as much as you please. Just make sure it is tight and sitting correctly on your rifle.

That looks like a ball bearing QD system like on an air hose. No there aren't any suppressors like that on the market. Your best bet is to use a brake mount setup that threads on quicker than a direct thread setup.

Originally Posted By: PaccarOk I don't think I was very clear here is a link to a system that is what I am talking about but I think this one looks cheap to me I was curious if there was any high end ones like this that would not change my POI.

I want to run the muffler all the time like I do know but getting in and out of my RZR with my gun there is not enough room so I have to take it off then put it on every time I find a new place to call and if I had a fast way to apply the suppressor it would be nice.

By the way I have a Dakota 3.0 (AKA) Mack Bros.

Thanks

To be blunt, You should of done your research before making the initial purchase. Horizon Machine, Mack Bros. makes a QD can, that has "bearings" that engage the muzzle brake when the locking collar is turned. You're not ever gonna get that with the can you have. Save up another few hundred and upgrade to the MB762L if you need to cut your OAL down, and have a rapid attachment when needed.

Thanks for the replies ya wished I would have done so more research before buying I may end up going to a shorter barrel setup or get a new muffler if the hearing act goes through as I need another anyways.

Back