Lucky coyote hunter

Sask trapper

Good to see everyone on here is doing well. Calling has been slow for me this year. My trapline catch is down about 20% as well. What I have lacked in calling this year I have made up for in ice fishing so that's alright haha. Had one day when I released about 6 33-34" jacks so that was a good day. Anyways I spent Saturday morning calling with no luck. Anyways we were headed home because of the fog and prior commitment and about a mile from home there is a coyote standing along the edge of the slough about 100 yards off the road. He stood perfectly still as I jumped out threw a shell in the 22-250 and squeezed the trigger only to find out the safety was on still! Got that sorted out and lined up on him again as he was still standing there and one shot and it was all over.

No before picture but took a picture after. Beautiful pale coyote!

That is a very nice pelt,Congrats!
Coyotes with that coloring in our area are few and far between.
Catching six 30"+ northern pike in a day is definitely a "Good Day"!

Thanks! This one was the biggest guy 36" and super fat! I figured she had to be close to 15 pounds. The following day I lost an honest 20+ pound jack right under the ice. He dwarfed this guy. When the big guy hit I was worried he was going to spoolout my rod.

Back