Need some thoughts

AdamT

On a Remington 700 SPS in 17 Fireball... Round count around 175. No scope. Comes with rcbs dies, brass, bullets, and a box of 50 Remington HPs.

Also what would be a good price range?

How's the 17 fireball do performance wise? Looking for an effective killer that's fur friendly. I've got a 204 but I've got an itch for a 17. Would I be better off to hold out and look for a 17 Remington. I've got all the components to finish an AR platform minus a barrel and hand guard so I could fix it up in 17 Remington.

The 17 fireball SPS is currently available in a local deal.

Last edited:
I haven't had one, but I've had everything on ether side of it that's factory available. I have always wished the hornet had a little more velocity with the 25 gr stuff, so there ya go. 17 fireball.

I had 17 Rems and they were great. I have 2 700 Rem 17 Fireballs one HB and one sporter They both shoot great. I got the HB for prairie dogs and the sporter for cats or what ever shows up when I'm calling cats. In my opinion I like it better than the 17 Rem almost as fast doesn't heat up as fast,less powder and you can make brass if you need too. The HB has been shot alot and killed many prairie dogs with 20gr Vmax got tired of the long barrel and cut it off to 20 inches it shot better after the cut. I use the 25gr HP factory load in the light one.
MasterBlaster

I had a 17 FB and a 17 Mach IV, should have never sold them. Neat little round. But I am playing with the 20 VarTarg now and it is pretty cool too.

It's no secret around here that I'm a 17FB fan.
I'll never be without a 17Rem but my home grown CZ in 17FB is my favorite.
Cats, Coyotes, Rock Chucks, and Ground Squirrels don't care for it though.

I toyed with the idea of a .17 Furball myself. But I already had my .17 Remington and plenty of brass. Besides, I can load my .17 Rem down to the level of .17 FB (and often do) but you cannot quite make a .17 Remington out of a .17 FB.

Originally Posted By: RustydustI toyed with the idea of a .17 Furball myself. But I already had my .17 Remington and plenty of brass. Besides, I can load my .17 Rem down to the level of .17 FB (and often do) but you cannot quite make a .17 Remington out of a .17 FB.

Yet...if memory serves me right you have a 221FB and a 223....

No?

Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: RustydustI toyed with the idea of a .17 Furball myself. But I already had my .17 Remington and plenty of brass. Besides, I can load my .17 Rem down to the level of .17 FB (and often do) but you cannot quite make a .17 Remington out of a .17 FB.

Yet...if memory serves me right you have a 221FB and a 223....

No?

Yepper. But I dont try to make a .223 out of my cute little Furball. That's what my .223 is for.

But a CZ 527 American .221 FB ANIB with dies and brass for $400? Could you blame me? If I found a .17 FB for that kind of deal I would snap that up too.

Back