How frequently hunt the same spots

Nbdreher

Finally made it out this morning on my first coyote hunt. Bought a johnny walker bloodhound call a week ago. Our farm is about 130 acres I made three 30 min stands on the entire property today but didn't see anything but hawks and crows. Question i have is how often I can hunt that property using same calls in the same spots without spooking every yote out of there indefinitely. Any other calling tips for east central Ohio appreciated

Welcome aboard.
Good chance they were holed up sleeping & didn't hear you.
A trailcam would be really helpful to see yote movement vs time-of-day.
I've had three cams out over a couple years, different spots, different geography, and only one video clip of a daytime yote.
And that one was very skittish, vs several dozens of bold/relaxed nocturnal beasts..

So frequency wise, to be at the right daytime place at the right time means being in those good spots more often vs less often, imo.

Scout, study approach, and watch downwind on the setups. All these will determine how often I hunt the next time. Mainly its approach and leaving that determine it for me. I like to give a few weeks between setups on same property. Even though it's tough to say how many time someone else hasn't educated them on neighboring properties, I still go by when I've been there. Most of my properties are small 60-100 acre tracts with fields and fence rows. Just so you know what terrain I deal with, to what works for me.

Thanks for advice. I don't believe anybody around does any predator hunting I've had a cam set up since early September for deer hunting and have seen a bobcat but no coyotes will continue to call and see what happens. Will have to get a light soon as well so I can go after dark

May want to rethink where you hunt.
If they are never on a trailcam,, then not gonna connect.
Relocate the trailcam until you see one, then start in that area.
Have you heard any yote howls at night ?
That may point to a better area.

It is my family farm in a very rural area. Neighbors report seeing and hearing them. My mother says she hears them I live two miles away and I hear them early in morning. But hunting where I live isn't much of an option. The farm is where I grew up and where I hunt. It is odd that I havnt captured them on trail camera. Maybe I'm not careful enough with my scent. Bobcat didn't seem to mind. Nevertheless I will try again this weekend. Maybe different sounds from caller.?

Back