Cat call

Not that I know of but it would be a great sound. My last 2 coyotes charged in on FoxPro "kitten distress". Something new is always intriguing to them!

Originally Posted By: jcs271Not that I know of but it would be a great sound. My last 2 coyotes charged in on FoxPro "kitten distress". Something new is always intriguing to them!

I have used that sound a lot, over the years.
cool.gif

But, always on an open reed hand call.
I own several that I can mimic that sound on. Just takes practice, like any other sound.
cool.gif

Yes, you can do it on an enclosed reed call but a diapragm call is super for that. You can do awsome kitten distress on em, as well as big cat sounds.

I make cat sounds calling bobcat and they will absolutley charge in a lot of times. Matter of fact, one of my go to sequences is kitten sounds followed by a deeper bobcat type sound..sort of a deep, growling "meow"...and it is killer. I have recorded it and put it on my ecaller and have killed several cats with it, but prefer to do it live with calls.
Mark

Well, if I play that one it'll be me in way more trouble than the yotes.
smile.gif

You guys got me thinking, when I cow call for elk it makes a very cat like sound. That will be something to work on.

According to a WCO I talked to domestic cats are high on the list of coyote delicacies.

Last edited:
I prefer the Old Fashioned Rabbit in distress, never fails.
I us a Mcknight& Hale call. BEST CALL EVER sound goes for a long ditance. I have called in 4 foxes and 1 bobcat. they are anywhere from 12 dollars to 15 dollars.

Originally Posted By: FoxnightmareI prefer the Old Fashioned Rabbit in distress, never fails.
I us a Mcknight& Hale call. BEST CALL EVER sound goes for a long ditance. I have called in 4 foxes and 1 bobcat. they are anywhere from 12 dollars to 15 dollars. Wow you like rabbit in distress? That's even more suprising coming from you then the 1,000 other people who have told me that.

Originally Posted By: FoxnightmareI prefer the Old Fashioned Rabbit in distress, never fails.
I us a Mcknight& Hale call. BEST CALL EVER sound goes for a long ditance. I have called in 4 foxes and 1 bobcat. they are anywhere from 12 dollars to 15 dollars. Wow you like rabbit in distress? That's even more suprising coming from you then the 1,000 other people who have told me that.

Back