Kirk Skunk Pen

robs

Lost my D.Kirk skunk pen anybody have one thy would sell?The one i had was at least 20yrs old left it at a stand came back the next day and it been chewed up.Fresh coyote tracks around it.Carma i guess Thanks

It was a marker type pen (felt) instead of ink it had skunk essence in it.When i would make a stand with not so perfect wind conditions i would set it by me to help mask my scent.Around here you can have the wind in your face one minute then at your back the next.Thanks

Anybody?At the time my coyote hunting partners thought this was another gimmick.With it i didn't have to be so picky on choosing a location to set up.

Originally Posted By: robsWith it i didn't have to be so picky on choosing a location to set up.

you are only kidding you self with this train of thought.

but i am sure you disagree.

Originally Posted By: Ghost22250I agree with Slick. A coyote is just gonna think there is a human who got sprayed by a skunk. Yep when they are THINKING instesd of running im shooting.Not trying to get into with the pros here just looking for a replacement.

Last edited:
I have used something similar that did provide a second or two more to shoot than I probably would of had otherwise. But I just simply sprayed skunk essence around the bush the call was sitting in.
While it did help in that instance, I found it more trouble than it was worth. But that's just me.

No help with your pen. Sorry.

Originally Posted By: crapshootI have used something similar that did provide a second or two more to shoot than I probably would of had otherwise. But I just simply sprayed skunk essence around the bush the call was sitting in.
While it did help in that instance, I found it more trouble than it was worth. But that's just me.

No help with your pen. Sorry.
Same here i tried some of my trapping lure it was also more trouble than it was worth.The pen i had was handy just pop the lid off set it down make the stand when done pop the lid on head to the next one.After it was several years old i could carry it in my pocket back to the truck.

there is 2 chemicals that when mixed together makes skunk scent but I can't remember where I got it. I used it for a jerk I worked with I rigged it in his desk drawer so when he opened it a 35mm film canister lid popped off. It will clear an office real quick.
tt2.gif

I understand you want the exact product, but a similar replacement should be easy to make if needed.
Some cotton balls or felt placed in a 35mm film container or something similar, and then soaked with skunk scent should work.

Back