Another day another double

titch--

Headed back out today to try for those coyotes that I left last weekend.

Got in for first light and slowly made my way down the hillside to look for a good shooting position. Finally found one with pretty good view of my front and down wind side. Started off with some female deep howls just like last time and sure enough I got the two to howl back and give up their hiding spot. They seemed a little further down the hill then Id hope for, so I wasnt 100% on my calling spot now because of the wind.

My front
2017%20Jan%2021%20Double%20front_zpsjxdekdau.jpg

The two coyotes are on the far right side of this pic behind the bigger tree in the bush that you can barely see.

My 3:00 downwind
2017%20Jan%2021%20Double%20right%20side_zpsn990ormy.jpg

I was hoping that because of the trees/bushes to my front that it would funnel them right into a nice shooting lane that Ive nicely picked out for them. heh Coyotes can be lazy so they tend to take a path of least resistance. So I hoped.
smile.gif

After I found them. Now I have to call them in, so I used my (this years) trusted jackrabbit distress call and again it didnt let me down. Saw two flashes of tan behind the tree skirting the tops of the bushes coming the way I was hoping that they were going to come in. Turned the call off as the first one was rounding the bush. Let it come right up to about 10yds of the fence before I sent a bullet on its way. I wanted to make sure that the other one was close enought so that I could get a shot on it before it took off. Anyway it went left into the bush as I shot its partner so no shot, but a few seconds of pup dis 3 and it came right back out into my nice little shooting lane. Thanks foxbang.
smile.gif

The second (male) coyote looking back to my position. You can kind of see my bag in the ridge.
2017%20Jan%2021%20Double%20looking%20back_zpsdlpy5aub.jpg

The money shot
2017%20Jan%2021%20Double_zpstkwvqfl8.jpg

The female (left) I think might have had mites or something as the neck hair was a little thin. Still took her though. Almost wish it was really bad because since alot of the snow melted this week it was a ruff drag back to the truck. Snow is much nicer to drag yotes on. It doesnt look like it but its a nice incline to get back to the top. Specially that hill in the top right corner there.
frown.gif

Next three stands where dry.

HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif

Congrats. on the double
thumbup1.gif
I see you lost most of your snow also.
Today was foggy with almost zero visibility but I went out anyways. I think I seen one coyote but not 100% sure
smile.gif

Thanks guys

It did melt alot since I was out last and since it melted lots there was alot of fog all day here too.

We'll see if I can get back out this week sometime as its suppose to be faily nice this week as well. Still have a few places I havent went yet this year.

Back