THE NINTH LIFE

Infidel 762

Staff member
I remember as a kid decorating the tail of this windmill with a four ten. Standing in the same place years later with so much to forgive in between, if I only knew then what I know now. For in this world, we only get one life;

You don’t wanna to waste your life. And I still make it through the days, just a little bit slower as the time seems to slip by faster. Even while I'm on stand, I looked at the time and could hardly believed that I had been there over thirty minutes. I was broadcasting low volume bird sounds when a flash crested the hill and disappeared into some thickets. My heart rate increased as I lowered the volume, expecting a coyote to appear close to the call.

Hit my preset coaxer sound as time now seemed to slug into slow motion. I was beginning to think the coyote slipped out undetected when I noticed a piece of white that was not there before;

I almost did not even make this stand, I made too much noise getting in. Took forever to cover a few hundred yards over crunchy leaves. I'm pretty sure I bumped coyotes while getting in, the cows in the distance where reacting to something.

This is it. And just like the cat, I find the best place to be is where I cannot be found. However, like the light of day, this cat’s ninth life was never meant to last.

Listen; it is the fool who carries the anger and it is the anger that drives the fool. Sometimes, I forget to forgive, that I forgive to forget. It’s a good thing, forgiveness that is. Away, out here and just for today; all is forgiven.

Just for today…

/Predators/HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif[/img]

Clarence, it's got that yellow on the edges of the belly. I got a bunch of pics of this one stalking one of my feeders;

This is the one I have tried to call twice since deer season. It's a big cat with very nice markings. If I can get it I am thinking it may end up as a full body mount, have to see it in person first.

Originally Posted By: DAAYou should be getting paid to write a regular column. You really should.

- DAA

Yes he should, great writing and great pictures too. Thought provoking also, sometimes I just read and ponder...

Quote: It's a big cat with very nice markings. If I can get it I am thinking it may end up as a full body mount, have to see it in person first.

That is a big cat, Jeremy. Does look like a good candidate for a mount.

Regards,
Clarence

Back