ATN Thor help

Huffranger

I ordered a Thor HD 640 5x50 on Nov 25th money was taken from my CC on Nov 30th.

I haven't heard boo so I called them Jan 2nd and had a conversation with one of the gentleman in sales. Only after I told him the rumor on the forums is that ATN's customer service is terrible did he grant me a few moments of his time.....

Long and short was that they have my order but no units are in stock. They build them after they receive an order and are dependent on their suppliers for components and that could be the cause of my optics delay in delivery.

This is not cool in my book, they have had a pile of my money for along time and I am quickly loosing hope that its coming soon...

Is this typical ?

I'm half tempted to go with another weapon sight.

I'm currently scanning with a Scout 3 640.

Thanks for your time

First call them back tell them you want a refund within 2 business days. If you don't get it call your cc company file a complaint tell them you want them involved and to issue you a credit. If you are having these type of problems before you even have the merchandise, do you think it will get any better once you have the unit? They already have your $ so that makes you a paying customer. I would find someone else to deal with. They don't deserve your hard earned $.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.

This is a once in a lifetime purchase for me. The Darkeness video by skinny is the reason I wanted the Thor.

All I want to do is get out and hunt.

Does anybody own a Thor ? Do you like it ? Is it worth the wait and the chance of terrible customer service ?

Norm

Norm, maybe Skinny will see this post and comment for correction, but I don't believe he was using the HD series from ATN. That video has been out close to a year and he probably was using the older Thor series which were pretty good and much more expensive I think. The Thor HD series is modeled somewhat after the X-Sight series, and seems to be plagued with problems similar to the X-Sight and X-Sight II.

ATN probably has a Facebook page that might give you more info than you will find here. I don't know anyone who is using one that posts on here.

I have a ATN Thor 2.5 640x480.

Awesome scope and never had a problem with it.

If u r looking for a good scanning thermal? I use an IR Patrol M250. Love it!!

Was contacted by ATN will see where this goes. I will report here on what direction I go.

I can't imagine I will be upset with the Thor being 640 and having the 100mm objective lens. Hopefully the thing works.

Canceled my order with ATN due to them informing me my order might get filled in the next 30-90 days.

I will spend another $1000 and get a Zeus this week.

ATN is horrible to deal with, I wasted allot of night hunts waiting on a product I paid for and the seller didn't have available and still took my money.

Just my $.02

Good luck everybody with your choices

Last edited by a moderator:
No sir but I will look into them while I wait for my CC to get credited.

Thank you for the heads up

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out their scopes!

Very nice thermals, wish I had 1.

I do have the IRPatrol M250 for scanning.

Make sure you get a thermal that will take an external battery pack.

Thanks guys the IRD gear is great !! The credit card is gonna bleed.........

This forum is a valuable resource I appreciate all who share their knowledge here !!!

If you haven't pulled the trigger yet you might as well wait a month or so at this point. All the manufacturers are releasing new gear at shot show this week. May be worth waiting for. That said, you can't go wrong with IRD (now trijicon electro optics) or Armasight (now flir). ATN doesn't have a very good rep these days. No reason to put yourself through all that if theres better products out there with better service.

Back