Just got here.....

OregonMike

Just joined. 2-3 friends and I just started Yote hunting in Central Oregon. Working on some ranches here on the west side as well.

About me: Police office for 18 years. Started in 94, Heart Valve replacement and blood thinners ended that career in 2011 at 42, third year as chief. All at the same lil Department.

Like to shoot. Not a big game hunter, not a reloader (I have sportbikes and my Dr. is SOO happy about that, and other hobbies, so I just buy bullets) and now I am a social worker... I know, Right.... But still in the state retirement system...

So thats me in a nut shell. Looks like some good info here.

Last edited:
Welcome Mike, there is a ton of informative info already here and more coming everyday. Glad you survived your heart troubles, I did mine too.

Hi OregonMike! Welcome! I'm new here too but it seems like a friendly place!
thumbup.gif

Forgot the lineup. Again, not a big game hunter. I have 2 ol 30-30's. I have an ol .270 that Brother In Law gave me... shot it 2x

I have a few .22's and a Savage .17 (love it... it's the death of my .22's)

When I left law enforcement, my retirement gift form me (and my wife) was a Savage Mdl 10 LE hvy bbl in .308. Topped with a cheap 10x fixed mil dot, it's a sub 1" all day long. Was using this for Yote hunting, and on first or second trip, on the ride home friends and I are looking through Predator mag and we see the Mossy MVP LC.

Well I had read about it, and local Bi-Mart had a Varmint, but I was in no position to get it, Best friend and I make a deal to not get them until we can both get them.

Next weekend he calls me over to show me his LC.... NICE, and then hands me a box with the Varmint version in it.... Needless to say I was blown away. It's my go to gun, love it for more reasons than one.

So thats the stable of rifles. Have a batch of duck slayers as well, 3 Mossy's and a Browning O/U.

Few pistola's as well. Ruger LC9, 1911, Glock 22/27... cop stuff...LOL.

Oh, and gonna put it out there. My MVP Shoots SO nice. sub 1" all day long with HMS re-man 50 gr V-Max. LOVE IT. Have a vortex Viper 6.5 x 20 x 44.

Better get a few coyote stretchers and a fleshing knife.There some great fur in eastern Oregon and don't forget the cats .If your anywhere near prineville go to the spring auction.

Back