Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3035309 - 01/20/17 05:46 PM Mating Ritual
Wile E Coyotie Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Dirtspot Saskatchewan
Some times you gotta - jump in and get it done- regardless of the conditions-
Plenty of snow and extreme cold – has kept me on the sidelines - - I took a run at it a few times but it was just way too cold- - but see now we r into plus temps-today and the last few days so I have been aching to go-

most of all the secondary roads are blown over with snow- and so access to outer area is non option – and/or lots of noise –getting around and hard on your truck 4x4-

I headed east 1 hr - as the report of snow levels was said to b less-- to a location that holds a lot of cows – over a 15 mile radius- may b 5-8000- cows -

Coyotes gotta eat and any bone pile will create activity – I truthfully prefer to call and shoot yodie- verses –stalk and shoot- off a bone pile------so -I use the terrain and – wind - -work close in and around the main routs and yards

1st Set –Plus 2C -1:30 pm –south breeze-only small tree rows on the horizon -
This old boy right here run right up to 60 yards and stopped when I raised my arm-
#1026- Alpha male sable white sable red--- It was a new set up location for me –I have worked the area –in the past -- - he showed up on the horizon like a battle ship-running full tilt –Hard Charge- 4.5 mins

2nd set –
Before I turned the call on I could count 8 doggs- in the ¼ section – all over 600 yards out—I was right down into a belly crawl to get into position on them –and did not study them too much after getting set up-

I remember thinking i have 4 rounds – and that I would take the 1st one to arrive
– I expected them to Blow Up and come running in---- but was really surprised to see no reaction at all—

I figure there is a kill up there –or something holding them together – then 4 break away and start a long trot my way—I let them come and can see they r going to go for the wind --
-half way to me a large dark one in the line is acting all submissive – running up and parking it in front of others half mounting the other- and in the lead is a big white one –stopping to fight with the others
– I am thinking they r mating -and together on the hill before my arrival-
some sort of - right of passage where all 8 of them were ---well you - know-- mating ritual playing out- doggy style no pun intended-

-They r feet away from smelling my stink- and with a good hold –I let one rip out at the dark one – missing by a fair sort- 360 yrds- they scatter and I find one standing about 450 yards shooting just over him –

3rd set –I was just getting out of the truck looking at the fresh dogg track in front of me – when up the side wall of the coulee trots a big sable rug-- -I didn’t range him – he did not know I was there – I rushed the shot and shot over him 375 yrds-
Now I have a complex with my rifle- confidence- ringing the bell out there at 400 yards should not be as allusive
-

4th set No show-

#3035313 - 01/20/17 05:54 PM Re: Mating Ritual [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
lockrotor Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: West Central WI
You just showed us that you are human and you do miss once in awhile ( haha ) Just having fun with you. Anyone that has shot that many coyotes has a lot of time and experience into it. And as always it great to see the pics and story to follow your hunt. Thanks

#3035319 - 01/20/17 06:12 PM Re: Mating Ritual [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
jf1073 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: NW OK
great read Wile, sometimes a man's just gotta get out there no matter the cold eh.
often it seems it is confidence, that can make or break a rifle.

#3035412 - 01/20/17 08:58 PM Re: Mating Ritual [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
Matlock Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: ID - Idaho
Good read, Wile! I'd take a day like that any day over the day I had at work today. Thanks for sharing and the pics.

#3035420 - 01/20/17 09:25 PM Re: Mating Ritual [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
MasterBlaster Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: SE. Iowa
Love the pictures
MB

#3035431 - 01/20/17 09:44 PM Re: Mating Ritual [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas
Thanks for letting us share your hunt.

Regards,
hm

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3035448 - 01/20/17 10:22 PM Re: Mating Ritual [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
weekender Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: NC
Congrats and thanks, fine read and pics.

#3035503 - 01/21/17 12:47 AM Re: Mating Ritual [Re: weekender]
Dropadoglv Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Night hunting predators....
Great pics, great read! Congrats! Regards, Drop
“Muzzy BH” “Mathews bows” “Carbon Skin Products", "Treezyn", "ATN", "TriplePOutDoors", "Lucky Duck Elite Predator Team”, Predator Sponsor, "Venture" “Ambassador at ATNCorp” “Team Member SHL Killing Squad” “Raptor Razor” BigGameTeam, “KillersInc”

#3035635 - 01/21/17 01:08 PM Re: Mating Ritual [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
jkruger Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: western, ny
Very beautiful pale dog..... congrats

Moderator:  220_Swift, Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.