Hearing protection act

I wanted to ask that if this goes through and now you no longer have to jump through hoops and can buy it same day.. .

Do you think prices will fall on them, or do you think they will stay the same?

reasoning?

i predict that if the HPA were to pass, the following things would probably happen.

prices of current commercially available models will go up short term (i use the term loosely) due to the demand spike. production will be pushed to max to keep up with initial purchasing frenzy.

gunsmiths will be bogged down with barrel threading for the first few months as sales kick off.

lots of budget suppressor company's are going to pop up all over fighting for the sub $500 portion of the market.

long term, the (current) premium grade suppressors will likely fall a bit once the demand catches up and fall below pre HPA pricing (just like the AR market is softening currently). somewhere in there, i also suspect that every current manufacturer launches a value drive price point product line too.

or my magic 8 ball could be totally broken
laugh.gif

ya, i had this converstation with some hunting friends and some believe the prices won't change.

But, i pointed out what happens when we talk about a ban. The price of an AR was higher than today and when Odummer was talking about banning, and there was an ammo shortage (the start anyways) prices shot up. Once they caught up, and people calmed down, the prices fell. just like the ammo. 22's are dropping too.
Prices were ticking up before the election and now you can get an AR for the same as a Savage bolt action.

Why would cans be any different? I don't think they will. So I guess the smart play is the get the barrels threaded now. Wait it out and then get the cans when they drop, or buy one right before it looks like the whole thing is gonna pass, and sit on submitting the paperwork until it does, then go get the can.

Back