Primos alpha dogg

I don't have one but a buddy at work does. He said it worked fine for a while but this year sounds terrible even with new batteries. Type alpha dog into the search engine and you will be able to read for a while. What I've read is they are hit or miss, and service is not good when you need it.

I have a alpha dogg and a foxpro inferno the alpha dogg is a good call for money I like the remote better than the foxpro and the primos is a lot louder but to me the sounds on foxpro are crystal clear and for where I hunt in Virginia the inferno is plenty loud. I've called quite a few animals with primos so it does work I haven't had a chance to use the inferno but I hope with what I believe is better sounds on the inferno I hope to be more successful. I have a refurbished inferno I paid 135 for and the first one was a problem with remote communicating with call fox pro had another on my doorstep in 3 days! When I had to talk to primos about trying to get an update for my call so I could save call sequences it was like pulling teeth the update had been removed from website due to if installed on a newer call with a new software it would ruin call. So after 4 phone calls and arguing with there useless technicians that knew very little "they kept telling me call was bad to send it in" I finally spoke with someone knowledgeable and they sent me the update and call has been pretty good since. Only time mine is distorted is when batteries are going dead. I'd check out foxpro refurbished calls and I have seen foxpro fusions in our local bargain cave at cabelas for 300 bucks with a discontinued sticker on them I think the camo pattern is what's discontinued.

My buddy found out the hard way about buying Primos. After less than 3 seasons his Alpha Dogg just quit. Worked fine one set, went to the next spot and absolutely nothing. Tried new batteries and new battery tray. It won't power on, it is just dead. He contacted them and they told him that since the warranty period is done he is basically "SOL". They don't and won't do any repairs. They offered him 40% off their suggested retail for a new call, that was it. His foxpro that he sold to another friend and was already 3 years old at the time is still going strong.

SoI have a Turbo Dogg. 2 years now. I gotta say, buddy has a FoxPro, and it's nicer, but for the money I like the Turbo. I don't hunt every weekend, and so it came to a cost vs use thing.

As for the service, I just contacted them as the remote range on the Turbo SUX, unless you can get it 5-6" off the ground. They know this, and have re-designed the bottom of the call with a tri pod mount and peeps are saying it workes awesome.

SO I asked what they could do for me. Now remember, I was really nice, told them about how the call is loud (it is) and sounds good (I think it does) and then went into the pitch for the part (the mount is part of the battery door) that I wanted to upgrade.

Not a flinch, no charge, and they have a new door in the mail.... so thats my cust service experience with Primos.

A lot of big companies get an unfair rap on customer service. Yes they do have a lot of import crap, but they are cheap, and for the numbers sold not as bad a people think. Yes, there are a few US companies that have the same import crap (Leupold,Dillon, and Foxpro come to mind), but excellent customer service. I always try to look for a balance in customer service. Good customer service is not free. It is reflected in the upfront cost of the product. I had a fellow hunter tell me how great FoxPro Customer Service is (and I agree), because his caller fell out of his truck because he left the tailgate open and Foxpro fixed it for free. Well guess what? I don't think we should ALL have to pay high prices because some young, disorganized dummy abused the product.

The alpha dogg is a really good call... and Roger's sporting goods is selling them right now until the end of Jan, for $130.00... after the 30.00 rebate...

Back