Red fox tonight

1trkyhntr

Killed his male tonight.
He was very wary, it took about 10 minutes to coax him in after I first saw him. He circled through the cows and never came any closer than about 125 yards.

Congrats...again. Is the tripod setup new? My trigger sticks are not working like they should and thinking about upgrading to a tripod and hog saddle.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pmackCongrats...again. Is the tripod setup new? My trigger sticks are not working like they should and thinking about upgrading to a tripod and hog saddle.
Yes I just got it put together.
Manfrotto 055 tripod, Manfrotto ballhead, Pig Saddle. I really like it. It is heavy but no more than the chair I use if I'm sitting.

pmack which trigger sticks are you using. I saw on another thread that someone asked about using trigger sticks tripod with a pig saddle on top and I was wondering the same thing. Those trigger sticks could quickly adjust if necessary.

I currently just use a trigger stick bipod and lean the stock on my lap and leave the trigger sticks a little low while I'm scanning. When I see a target I switch to the gun and raise the sticks to where I need to be. I also currently use a small lightweight tripod stool that swivels so I can spin in any direction and adjust my trigger sticks based on terrain. Its not a perfect set up but it has worked so far this year on a few predators.

I like the look of the tripod set up with the pig saddle. Perhaps if I run into trouble with this set up I will look at that one. I have recently been setting up in the field at night so I like to be nice and low to the ground.

I think I would hide when I saw that jeep coming if I wore fur. That is a fine looking setup you have. I really like it.

Originally Posted By: whitetail436pmack which trigger sticks are you using. I saw on another thread that someone asked about using trigger sticks tripod with a pig saddle on top and I was wondering the same thing. Those trigger sticks could quickly adjust if necessary.

I currently just use a trigger stick bipod and lean the stock on my lap and leave the trigger sticks a little low while I'm scanning. When I see a target I switch to the gun and raise the sticks to where I need to be. I also currently use a small lightweight tripod stool that swivels so I can spin in any direction and adjust my trigger sticks based on terrain. Its not a perfect set up but it has worked so far this year on a few predators.

I like the look of the tripod set up with the pig saddle. Perhaps if I run into trouble with this set up I will look at that one. I have recently been setting up in the field at night so I like to be nice and low to the ground.

I use Gen 2 Primos trigger sticks and swivel stool like you. The Primos allow me to adjust and shoot sitting or standing. Problem is they got left out in rain and now won't adjust when they get out in the cold.

Looking for options if I upgrade or solution to why they won't adjust after getting wet.

Looking for options if I upgrade or solution to why they won't adjust after getting wet. [/quote]

I don't own Trigger sticks, but my Bog Pod sticks became difficult to extend. I pulled them all the way out and sprayed a light coat of Rem oil on the last 3-4", at the stop marks, then retracted /extended them a few times. That really helped. I don't know if that will work on the Primos but you could try it.

Originally Posted By: pmackOriginally Posted By: whitetail436pmack which trigger sticks are you using. I saw on another thread that someone asked about using trigger sticks tripod with a pig saddle on top and I was wondering the same thing. Those trigger sticks could quickly adjust if necessary.

I use Gen 2 Primos trigger sticks and swivel stool like you. The Primos allow me to adjust and shoot sitting or standing. Problem is they got left out in rain and now won't adjust when they get out in the cold.

Looking for options if I upgrade or solution to why they won't adjust after getting wet. I'd just coat them with WD-40 honestly, spray all moving/telescoping parts and then just adjust over and over work the stuff in then spray some more.

Back