Monopod, Bipod, Tripod??

Nonnieselman

What do you guys prefer?
Ive got a set of tripod trigger sticks that work great but not so much for sitting against a tree and moving around.
Im looking at the Harris S-25C 13.5-27" Bipods. Seems to be a good choice just wondering what yall use and how you setup?

Ive got sevearal 5-9" bipods but laying prone kinda doesnt give a big field of view where i hunt so i started watching videos and noticed alot of guys using the tall bipods.
Midway has the S-25C on sale for $107 so gonna give it a try.

Bipod is twice as stable as a monopod, and a tripod is three times as stable. For me the quicker target acquisition of the bipod over the tripod out weighs the stability issue. Plus they are lighter to carry and quicker to set up. Plenty steady enough for 300 yards and in.

I always have an bipod on my rifle to use prone if the stand I'm making allows me to be prone. But for sitting I use my golf shaft shooting sticks.

Primos bi-pod or tri-pod with quick adjustment when having to move your rifle. Tried the bog pods, went back to Primos...just my .01....

Originally Posted By: Jay CummingsI always have an bipod on my rifle to use prone if the stand I'm making allows me to be prone. But for sitting I use my golf shaft shooting sticks.

Ski poles work well, too.

I own all but hunt with the tripod most. I like the fact that if a coyote comes in from a different direction I can leave the tripod and it won't fall over or make noice laying it down. I can just raise off the tripod and get on the coyote. If I hunted in a flat no brush or rocks it would be different. Just why I use a tripod.

I've got a carbon tripod with an Outdoorsman's pan head that has a guncradle attachment. The thing is almost as solid as a bench rest in the field, but probably weighs 3lbs all together. I like how it holds the gun by itself, which is nice when your fingers are freezing. My son has pretty much requisitioned that one, so I've lately been using a couple light aluminum Easton bipods I picked up on Camofire for like $20. They work great too. Weigh less, and more mobile to reposition on a coyote that pops up where he isn't supposed to be.
I'd say get one of each, that way you can forget both in the dark on your way to your favorite stand!😂
Tripod seems more accurate, and you can always use it as a bipod if the situation calls for it. Bipod is lighter and more packable. Both work fine.

I have the Harris bipod as well , in the snow much quieter to move than my bog pod tripod .
In non snow conditions the bog pod is ok. So first choice is the bipod.

I use a Monopod. That's basically all I've ever used so it's not awkward or hard to stay steady with for me. Unless maybe you're at a fairly stiff crosswind then it might be a little harder to stay steady.

harris bipod steadier than sticks but the sticks are more versatile. If I had to choose just one it would be the shooting sticks. I take both into the field sometimes.

Btech29, Your math skills are out of this world.
tt2.gif
Just playin'. I use an adjustable bogpod bipod and it meets all my needs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: songdog34Btech29, Your math skills are out of this world.
tt2.gif
Just playin'. I use an adjustable bogpod bipod and it meets all my needs.

You like that little analogy songdog? Ive always been known for my math wizardry!
smile.gif

And I want to clarify with mathematical epiphany: I meant 1 legs, 2 legs, and 3 legs. I use shooting sticks.

Shooting sticks much more stable than tripods for me and more versatile than bipod. I can lean into sticks but haven't figured out how to do so w/tripod. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Regards,
hm

I run the tallest bipod that Caldwell offers and have had good success with them. They make my rifle a little top heavy however while carrying in my sling but I make it work.

Back