22 hornet question?

seasley

Are 22 hornets getting rare to find?

Seems like when you see one for sale anymore around here in Oklahoma, they want a mint for it

I had a nest of hornets on my patio this summer. Killed them with brake cleaner!
tt2.gif

Just messing with ya. I thought I saw a new CZ at Second Hand Rose not to long back. Did you happen to check there?

Just looked on Bud's, he has a bunch of them, all varieties.

Last edited:
I don't see many around here. I have a Browning A-bolt Micro that I absolutely love. Bought originally to convert it to .17 AH but as of right now am just shooting as is. May get the barrel shortened and threaded for a suppressor to make a nice quiet plinker. Good luck.

Browning's "A" Bolt Micro Hunter and their newer, now discontinued, X Bolt Micro Midas 22 Hornet are the ultimate in Hornets. Those rifles combined with the Hornady off the shelf 35 gr V-Max are absolute tack drivers. The twist rate on their barrles and that Hornady ammo are a match made in shooters heaven. I bought my first one in 2004 or so and then bought a second one and converted it to 17 Ackley Hornet. Bought a third one this year just because it was there on the used rack and looked like new. I had it sold for big profit before I got it home. Sighted it in for the buyer and it shot just like all the others do.

You will never regret buying a Browning 22 Hornet. So much fun to shoot and they make you look good as a marksman.

I also bought a very nice lightly used Browning A-bolt Micro-Hunter .22 Hornet....got it with a set of Leupold Rings for $575.00.They are hard to find and most People won't let them go...I got lucky and the Owner was selling a few Guns right around Christmas and needed the money.I had a choice of a CZ,Ruger or the Browning to buy and choose the Browning!

Originally Posted By: GTOHunterI had a choice of a CZ,Ruger or the Browning to buy and choose the Browning!

You made a great choice, try the factory Hornady 35 grain V-Max bullets. CZ's are good with their set trigger and all, but Browning was the right choice, in my opinion.

I have owned a Ruger and a Kimber. I deeply regret selling the Kimber, the Ruger was nothing special and was converted to a 17AH. If buying one again to shoot as a .22 Hornet I would go with a CZ or Browning. In reality it would be the Browning, I have heard nothing but great things about that combination.

Pruson....as a matter of a fact that was the bullet I choose to use in my .22 Hornet,I started buying all the Hornady 35 grain bullets I could collect before,I bought the Rifle.I used Reverse Psycology...instead of buying the Rifle then trying to find the Ammo I bought up all the Ammo I would need first! LOL
wink.gif

You guys with the 22 Hornets need to try the 30 grain Barnes Varmint Grenades, makes a whole different gun of it. I use H110 and CCI 450s with them.

I have a Ruger 77/22 Hornet. It really seems to like the 40 grain V-Max and Winchester 296 (about the same thing as H110). I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a Savage Model 25 as well.

I had a CZ 527 that shot well but not as well as my Browning. The Abolts really hold their value. If you have a medallion, they are bringing about $1000 last I knew. The Abolt II are still around 6-700 I think. Have one of each and they shoot amazing with the 35 gr vmax with lil gun. Never knew of the xbolt

Back