Photobucket performance

trapwv

I have a few pics to post but am having all kinds of performance issues with photobucket. My storage space is fine, hardly anything in there. However, it takes forever for my pics to come up. Once they come up, takes forever to load pics, modify, etc. I e-mailed them once with no reply. Anybody else having these issues?

Yes, Photobucket is hit or miss for me most of the time. I give up some times, other times it goes pretty fast.

it takes forever for my pics to come up. Once they come up, takes forever to load pics, modify, etc.

Have been having those same issues. Very frustrating.

i agree the editor has gone to pure shiite over the last 6 or 8 months.

i did pay for a basic subscription (the AdFree, for $15/yr) to cut down the advertising - and that helped a TON on the load times, but still hasnt helped the speed/efficiency of the onboard editing software they have.

everything about photobucket on the computer is horrifically slow. but the app on my phone works great.
It crashes IE and Firefox every time i try to use it.

Originally Posted By: Nonnieselmaneverything about photobucket on the computer is horrifically slow. but the app on my phone works great.
It crashes IE and Firefox every time i try to use it.

I'm not crazy about phone apps, but the Photobucket app works great.
The full site is almost unusable for me.

You are not alone, been having photobucket problems for sometime. When I first started using it things were OK. Then the video advertisements started while trying to download pics and PB has not been good since. There are days when it works as expected, but they are few and far between. I think they do that to keep you from totally abandoning the site in total frustration.

Originally Posted By: donlynchI also hate photobucket, but thought it was me I"ll try hunt101

I signed up on hunt101 way back several years ago before Photobucket.
It worked great back then.

Here is something that just worked for me. After PB crashed EI for the 10th time in a row trying to upload a pic, I closed all other EI tabs I had open and it worked. Might have been a fluke but it might be something for others to try and see if it makes any difference. Normally I would have Predator Masters open and maybe some more tabs as well when trying to upload. Perhaps just having the one EI tab will speed things along a tad.

Well, thanks for the responses. Glad I'm not alone. I am still using the free service, wonder if the poor performance is to draw some money from the users. My wife uses shutterfly, I may see if I can post from there. If not, maybe try hunt101. Thanks guys

I totally give up on photobucket, it is useless. can't get anywhere with hunt101 and can't figure out shutterfly. if anyone has a better way please share
don

Back