2017 off to a GREAT START

Pa. Mick

[/size]2017 off to a GREAT START
Hunting as I know it has changed. Going to school at 60 years old blows ! So short and sweet rising at 4am was well worth it. Only made two sets. The first I had 2 coyotes in range. As soon as the light swung onto the first guy he hauled the mail. What the heck ! Caught it circling in the woods, wouldn't break cover for positive ID. Switched up sounds and it's a hard charger from the side. Right to the call and can't get to stop. Almost in shotgun range and never get it in the scope, dang.

Change to a new location where I missed one of two I called in during the fall. Only second time here. Two minutes he's already trotting past the call. Houdini no doubt ! I bark twice he won't stop so I meow.......split second hesitation and I shoot him still moving. Ya baby DRT !!! 40 pounder 6:50 am. I switch up sounds and platinum grey has this red plop his butt down at 95 yards. Wrong move ! 243 destroys his shoulder. Until the next time.......back to homework blah !

Last edited:
way to go Mick that's great. It's really cool when you have that much action. I'm on a 40+ set drought and beginning to think the Russians have hacked into my remote. I did call in a bobcat yesterday, but I'm lookin hard for coyotes and having not much luck. glad to see you're on em, cool
don

Back