Bogpod Super Steady Tripod Questions

vetman1

Does the Bogpod Super Steady Tripod allow for quick changes in elevation? If not, what does everyone do to accommodate for needed changes in elevation for taking a shot?

Also, is the RDL-3 tripod that comes with the kit the same as the CDL-3 tripod? Is it worth upgrading to the Bogpod heavy duty tripod instead?

Simply raise or lower front leg. Push front leg out to lower, pull front leg back to raise.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: old catSimply raise or lower front leg. Push front leg out to lower, pull front leg back to raise.

you do that while a coyote is coming in?

I thought I wanted a tripod for calling for a long time. I finally bought a Trigger stick...and now I realize that I didnt really want a tripod after all.

Back to my sticks for me.

I don't have a tripod. I like the notion of one for when I'm doing the calling, but I want one where I don't have to be moving the legs around in order to be on target for something that comes in.

Originally Posted By: dan brothersTwo legged trigger sticks for me... I even use them in a climbing tree stand for deer.

Me too. And when fully extended, they're the perfect height for me to use as support during long glassing sessions. I like being able to use them while sitting in my Critter Sitter and nearly instantly transition to standing when necessary.

Originally Posted By: mcseal2I like the Rapid Pivot bipods best of anything I've tried.

same here. and i have tried a bunch of them. maybe all.
lol.gif

never did figure out why stoney point sold out to whoever(bushnell maybe), and then production from there was ended.

kind of remembering maybe even primos had something to do with them also.

they were dang good shooting sticks.

I've been using the less expensive Bogpod sportsman as my shooting sticks. For the price they cant be beat! I've had ZERO problems with them.

Back