ICOtec GC320 Electronic Predator Call Combo

gmww

I've been reading about the Foxpro and there seems to a a pretty good following here for them. However, I see that the ICOtec GC320 Electronic Predator Call Combo is currently on sale for $114 regular $149 on one of the firearms equipment sites. They claim a 300 yard range that does not need to be in line of sight. It also comes with the electronic decoy.

However in only comes with 24 pre-downloaded calls. As a hunter who is interested in getting into predator hunting but is on a fixed income (retired) I'm leaning towards the Icotec combo. I'd like to hear from those who have one or have used both the Foxpro and the Icotec. Thanks.

Last edited:
Don't have one nor have I ever used one, but have heard they are great e-callers. Reviews are good. But I only use Foxpro equipment. Regards, Rick

I hunted with some buddies who use them. The remote range is truly impressive. You should take a look at the GC500 it is their top of the line call and is not a lot more than the GC350. Pretty darn good call for the price if you ask me. Not quite as loud as I would like in wide open spaces, my only criticism. Just my opinion, don't own one just hunted over them several times and killed several coyotes. Hope this helps.

The range on the remotes is the only thing they do better than anyone else. Of course I'm not sure why remote range needs to go that far. My shock wave remote works out at 350 or so. All that being said. Predators can be killed over any call made. It will suit you fine.

I have a Fox Pro and a Icotech GC 500. Fox Pro makes a better call with all the bells and whistles. But if you don't want to spend the money for a top of the line Fox Pro the GC 500 Icotech is the way to go. I like it better than Fox Pro's cheaper line. The howls that are available for the Ico Tech are way better than the Fox Pro howls. My 2cents...

Don't know about that call but wanted to let you know that my FoxPro has 112 sounds on it, capacity for 500 sounds and I use about 8 of them. And I haven't had the FoxPro out yet this year. I've been using mouth calls and been doing about the same numbers. Electronic calls are easier to use but the success rates are waaaay overrated, and they are a pain to haul around with you. Go with what your budget tells you to do.

Well everyone thanks for the advice and suggestions. I took a look at the Icotec GC500 and found that Midway was asking $129 down from $179 with free shipping. It can take 200 programmable sounds. I'll order the electric decoy for it before I head out in the Spring. Icotec also has a free sound library I can use to download additional sounds for the GC500. I'm really looking forward to trying it out and adding to my bucket list of hunts.

Originally Posted By: gmwwWell everyone thanks for the advice and suggestions. I took a look at the Icotec GC500 and found that Midway was asking $129 down from $179 with free shipping. It can take 200 programmable sounds. I'll order the electric decoy for it before I head out in the Spring. Icotec also has a free sound library I can use to download additional sounds for the GC500. I'm really looking forward to trying it out and adding to my bucket list of hunts.

Saw this and ordered one too. Thanks

The best Icotec only runs on 4 AA's. In no way can 4AA's power a high output call for an extended period of time. It may continue to work but volume and sound degradation is virtually guaranteed. They supposedly support external speakers too, but again, 4 AA's are not up to the task!

Who puts the caller out 2-300 yards in front of them anyway? I guess you gotta brag on something even if as useless as 1/4 mile remote range.

I use the rechargeable eneloops from costco in my GC350. I typically call in wooded areas so I have the volume either on max or close to max after only calling for a few minutes. Typically I call for 30ish mins per stand, closer to 45mins in winter/snow, sometimes more sometimes less. I normally let the caller play for a few mins and then let stop it for 3-5mins. Sometimes its as cold -10 degree haven't had a problem with the batteries or the caller. About 2x every year I charge them just for good measure but I have not yet HAD to charge them because they died or because there was a noticeable change in volume (4x AA, not the special remote battery). I would say I have made 15-20 stands as described above without any issue. As others have mentioned before this is not the loudest call. There is a video on youtube where a guy compares it to one of the foxpros (sound volume), if you are curious.

Well, a real amateur here in the predator calling game....just taking up the sport...yesterday I ordered the ICOtech GC500 from Midway at the $129 price tag/free shipping deal. Scheduled to arrive on Sat 31st. Great Lakes area hunter and it does get cold here so hope 4-AA batteries work out. Does anyone know if it would pay to use the more expensive Li-AA batteries vs alkaline? Or better to use the ENELOOP rechargeable type as noted in previous post?
Thanks for any help?

I received my Icotec GC500 and also downloaded all the free sounds from their web site. So far everything appears to work. My complaint is the texts on the LED is small for my aging eyes. I'll need to bring my bifocals. The other is you'll need a larger SD card for all the sounds. (not a big deal)

On a brighter note, Midway now has the icotec decoy stand alone for $29.00 after you add it to your cart. The AD400 which is the other one is now $41.99 down $8.00.

Any suggestions which one to get? The pro for the stand alone is it can be staked and the speaker can be positioned how you like. The con is it's another thing to carry.

The attached version is just the opposite of the pro/con. Which if preferred?

Last edited:
I have a buddy that got a bad GC500. He had never really coyote hunted until he went with me. He caught the bug and decided to by an Icotech. Long story short he cranks it up full volume and pop speaker busts first stand. They did replace it and seems to work well.

I have an icotec 320 and have used it 1/2 dozen times. I am new to calling and haven't called anything in yet. So take what I say with a grain of salt. It seems the slightest touch of a key on the remote will start the caller if it is turned on. That can be good, I can use the remote with fairly heavy gloves which has been done this winter. On the down side, I have the mistake a couple of times of bumping the remote shortly after turning the caller on but before I was back to my sitting position. Carrying the remote in a pocket doesn't work well for me because the remote is bumped so easily.
Ive never hunted with any other caller to compare with mine but the same call used over and over doesn't sound natural to me. It seems to me that the call of say a rabbit should vary if it goes on for a length of time. Of course the call doesn't go on for a long period of time because breaks are built into the calling. However the call goes on for the same length of time, has a break in the same place every time also. Again that doesn't sound natural to me. Just because it doesn't sound right to me doesn't mean that a coyote hears it the same way I do. But, it has bothered me enough that I am now using mouth calls and leaving the e-caller home. Realize that is a big step for me because Iam not sure I am that great with hand calls. Iam sure I will use the e-caller in the future but I may call with mouth call along with it.
I met a coyote caller at a sporting goods store here in Michigan and we got to talking. He had been getting quite a few coyotes, by Michigan standards anyway. He had been using an e-caller and had 1 successful set in 20. He said that when he switched to using mouth calls his success went to 1 in 6 sets.
The other issue is the sound itself. Ive only heard cottontail distress a few times in my life, but their real sounds seemed much sharper (for lack of a better word) than the call the e-caller makes.
I don't know if what Ive been saying is true of only my caller or if they all tend to be that way.
Above aside, my caller works and Iam sure I will use it along with my mouth calls for years to come. About the time I call in my first coyote, my opinion will be subject to change.

Last edited:
Back